Cupra ST 300 Wheel choices

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Hey folks, having bent my third wheel in a year on UK roads, I'm getting a bit fed up!

They're 18" Dezent TZs, having taken the standard 19" rims off and storing them only a few months since new, to avoid this problem.

Now, are the TZs soft, are there 17" options on the 300 (Lux not R model) or are these wheels a consumable?!

Be grateful for any help as I'm at my wits end!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
17s may fit, just need make sure they’ll clear the calipers and disks. I’ve recently stepped down from the stock 19s to VW Cadiz 18s. Huge difference. Won’t be going back to 19s.

Reactions: Mikertroid

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
I have a set of 17" Dezent wheels I used with winter tyres. Certainly weaker than the SEAT optional 18" wheels that came on MY 2018 Leon FR. Two have been damaged by potholes that the 18" wheel just shrugged off.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I've read and seen a few things which explained that cheap aftermarket wheels are not as strong as either factory wheels or good quality aftermarket alloys. Good wheels go through a time consuming hardening process. Maybe this is true. Certainly both of our Leons have factory 18'' wheels, we've never had a dent in one and the roads here are pretty bad.

Also, if you fit OEM wheels of a different size the insurance don't mind at all. They're less happy with aftermarket wheels.

I've swapped wheels on cars loads of times but I always stick to OEM wheels for a variety of reasons.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise