Cupra 300 DSG Paddle Extensions

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Hello to all. Does anyone have the original cupra 280 dsg paddles part numbers? I want to check which s2t paddles fit the leon.

Note: I am guessing the 280 paddles are the same with the 300, so for not starting a new thread I asked my question on this thread.

Any help would be much appreciated.

razmeister

May 28, 2018
Hey guys, has anyone tried replacing the paddles with something like this, rather than using stick-ons?

Obviously they are ridiculously expensive (over 6x the price!) but I've heard the stick-ons can come loose, especially if you press them at the top end rather than in the middle....which if so, kind of defeats the purpose of having "extensions".

Would love to hear your experiences, anyone had them come loose? Thanks!

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Hey guys, has anyone tried replacing the paddles with something like this, rather than using stick-ons?

Obviously they are ridiculously expensive (over 6x the price!) but I've heard the stick-ons can come loose, especially if you press them at the top end rather than in the middle....which if so, kind of defeats the purpose of having "extensions".

Would love to hear your experiences, anyone had them come loose? Thanks!

Unfortunately the Racingline ones don't fit Leon's at the moment - a few issues with Seat being awkward in their designs...

But I do chase Racingline constantly for them - Last I heard, they'd changed their engineering company and so were taking fresh 3D scans of the Leon steering column and looking at how to make them fit.

Reactions: razmeister

razmeister

May 28, 2018
Thanks. I checked with Awesome GTI just now and they said the same .Quite surprised really, given how similar these cars are under the surface! Are there no other full paddle replacements available for the Leon. Googling doesn't yield much...

razmeister

May 28, 2018
So I purchased these paddle extensions from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BTHPMLP/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

They are pretty cheap to buy, look okay, although on closer inspection, the plastic quality isn't the best (so I guess it fits right at home in the Leon's interior then!)

I stuck them on yesterday, which was very easy. Here's a pic:
upload_2018-7-3_17-12-26.png

The main issue (and potentially a dealbreaker) is that they don't appear to be moulded evenly....looking at them they seem fine, but the RHS paddle has less gap between it and the steering wheel, which means it kind of gets in the way when letting the wheel feed through your fingers on turns. The left one while tight, still has enough space for this....gonna see how it goes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.