Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
So I've reverted and gone back to standard. I can now put my foot down with out fear of scaring small woodland creatures. On a more practical level, the motorway noise is greatly reduced when putting your foot down and so all is right with the world.

The noise definitely turns heads, but I've realised now I want to stay a bit more stealthy.

On the plus side, if anyone is in the market for a 2 week old Progressive Parts Delete pipe for a 300 for a reduced price, drop me a message. I'm in the Reading, Berkshire area.
Don't suppose you still have this before I order new?

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Had the blockage removed from my exhaust, now both exits are working.

0037f0be0d6ac902b820b3293854a788.jpg

8bc412584ad72e3a64ea6ad9aac57860.jpg

4f1646f4fb62e777e71fa92df5872d4d.jpg

Dsg farts have become even more ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesus!! Turned out to be a big blockage in the end. Did they say if it needed to be replaced? Any issues down the road from running a muffler with no packing? Glad you're getting to experience the full res delete sound now at least.

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
Does anyone find it actually a bit too loud from inside the car with the res delete? I had it done last week and it’s great but at 2k-3k revs it’l sounds like the car is going to take off

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Does anyone find it actually a bit too loud from inside the car with the res delete? I had it done last week and it’s great but at 2k-3k revs it’l sounds like the car is going to take off
Yeah that’s the only issue with it I find! Worth it just for that niggly bit, all the rest of the time it’s mint.

Reactions: chris95

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
Yeah that’s the only issue with it I find! Worth it just for that niggly bit, all the rest of the time it’s mint.
Yeah once it’s past 3k it dies off and sounds great but there’s a slight rattling noise it makes between 2-3 which is just a bit too much. The extra pops are that it makes are how it should sound to start with, huge difference to standard!

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, all is fine. That is how is sounds.
2-3k rpm is little to rough. Then it gets better.
Given the price this is still one of the best mods available.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Do you reckon a smaller resonator would sort that issue out? Less drone but still more noise? I’ve thought about it but I’m unsure.

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
Do you reckon a smaller resonator would sort that issue out? Less drone but still more noise? I’ve thought about it but I’m unsure.
I would look for used exhaust if you do not like the res delete and wish to keep the cost reasonable.
The resonator costs about 100 pounds if you compare the res and non res exhausts.
Including res delete kit this is 50% of used exhaust.

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
It would definetley make a difference if you were to use a thinner piece of tube but I think the difference would be pretty small

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
is the zuastworx delete pipe still going strong? tempted by its £65 price

Got one on my leon FR 1.8 tsi. It’s a stainless pipe, Easy to fit and does a great job.
Not sure what the vag sport res delete brings to the party, other than costing about £80 more.

I’ve had an zaustworxs res delete pipe on my 68 plate cupra which gave a good sound not to asbo, however I managed to get a cheap used vagsport res delete which I thought would improve the sound with it being a bigger pipe diameter. Strangely it’s muted the dsg bangs.

I think the wider the pipe the more attenuation you get which makes sense as there is a deeper growl now.

Reactions: bigup and GordonMcC

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I’ve had an zaustworxs res delete pipe on my 68 plate cupra which gave a good sound not to asbo, however I managed to get a cheap used vagsport res delete which I thought would improve the sound with it being a bigger pipe diameter. Strangely it’s muted the dsg bangs.

I think the wider the pipe the more attenuation you get which makes sense as there is a deeper growl now.

so in your opinion what do you think is better? £150 for Vagsport or £65 for Zaustworx. I see Cobra now do a kit for £155

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
so in your opinion what do you think is better? £150 for Vagsport or £65 for Zaustworx. I see Cobra now do a kit for £155

IMO the zaustworxs one is best bang for buck. Vagsport is a bit overrated and expensive for what is ultimately a stainless steel pipe.

Bare in mind my car is the estate.

Reactions: GordonMcC

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
IMO the zaustworxs one is best bang for buck. Vagsport is a bit overrated and expensive for what is ultimately a stainless steel pipe.

Yeah i dont understand where the money is in the dearer parts. i didnt think you could doe the delete on the Estate.

mine has the GPF fitted so i suppose this will act in itself as a silencer, so by removing the middle res it shouldnt be to intrusive. not many been carried out on the new 290 (that have been reported anyway)

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014

@Titchy how much of a difference does the res delete on the ST make as it's a lot quieter than the 5 door from stock ?
I'm tempted but don't want it really loud or to be annoying and drone. It's supposed to be my sensible family car after all!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.