Cupra 300 Windscreen prone to stone damage?

Scoobyscoop

Jan 17, 2017
Middlesbrough
Had my Cupra for 8 months now
In that time I've had my screen hit by so many stones I've lost count
Had a new screen fitted after6 weeks due to a crack , then before Christmas a large stone cracked the screen again, decided I would leave it for as long as possible ,which is good job as since then I have had another few stones take little chips out of the glass ; the latest this afternoon
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the screen seems vulnerable?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Well, I haven't owned it long enough to comment, but...
...in the 2 months or so I have had it I got 2 stone chips in the center of screen that made small cracks and, a quite large stone chip near the camera that has opened a crack that already reached one edge and will slowly reach the other - luckily the rearview mirror obstructs it for now, but it surely will need to be replaced.
This is the first time ever a windscreen has cracked for me.
Also, got two stone chips on the hood that took significant amounts of paint out - already have a touch up kit for those, cause they went down to the metal.

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
I just had mine replaced after crack pretty much appeared from nowhere right up centre from under scuttle trim

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
I think this is linked to all the potholes, lots of loose material all over the place. :banghead2

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
I think its the state of the roads. Across our cars I've had 4 windscreens in the last 3 years, compared to 1 in the 10 -15 years before that.
Almost weekly I hear that "sound" as something hits the screen.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I live in Finland, where there is a lot of gravel on the roads and where cars have winter tyres with spikes that have the bad habit of coming loose from the tyre and flying into the car behind.
Broken/cracked/kinked windshields are so common here that there is a specific clause/policy in most insurances - I can get mine repaired for free or replace by paying €100/€200 (depending on insurance company)

I am now waiting for everyone to change into summer tyres and the roads to clean up before having mine replaced ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise