Cupra anti-roll bar

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
hey

seeing as the cupra is a more poerwful and heavier i presume the anti-roll bar is bigger and obviously stronger

would i be rite in thinking that if i replaced this it would reduce the roll or should i go for something like a white line i think they are

of corse im looking at this as im looking alot into a shock and damper kit agaisnt a coilover kit this thread has helped alothttp://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202210

or corse all bushes will be changed to pollyflow bushes

any information or your thoarts will be much appreciated

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
dazza... after owning a 1.4... i would not bother, for the power we have there really is not much point in spending so much money on these things.

to be honest i wish i had left my ibiza standard (yes it looks nice now) BUT the money i spent on that thing i could have saved for another car which is more powerful.

i saved for a few months and got myself a honda accord which is so much nicer than the ibiza

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
well i didn't think a cupra anti-roll bar would be to much from a scrappy tbh well i am saving up for a new car atm but insurance is a killer and the mods i add onto my insurance isn't that bad tbh and my sister is having this car off me when i finally come to get a new one so with in all safty purposes i'd rather know its safe for her to drive and learn to drive in

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
ok thanks get what you mean now mate. Sorry to take over this thread dannaz1.4 just that why on this subject thought would say...what is the bar called what goes in boot ? because i will be buying one of those soon.

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
I thought the rear strut brace went somewhere underneath.
By the camber

how can you adjust the camber on the rear of the cars... it does not have independant suspension.....

rear strut brace sits on top of the rear strut tops... you can also get a lower brace which goes between the suspension mount area, but that involves alot of welding etc.

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
I didnt say anything about ADJUSTING the camber.
I simply said BY the camber.

A lot of difference Adam

dont get too ruffled mate!

whats this 'camber' you talk about then?

whats by the camber ???? camber is to do with the amount the the top of the wheel is in a respective angle to the bottom of the wheel...

on the rear you have a beam that connects the 2 rear wheels. This have an ARB built in to it. to add another ARB on to this you need to get some brackets (Bill stocks them)

you have 2 suspension struts with springs that connect at the bottom via a bolt and through the top via rubber mountings / nuts.

at the top on the inside of the car you can attach a strut brace to the top mounts to reduce body flex in the rear.

You can further reduce this flex by adding in another 'brace that is mounted in to the suspension tunnel. but that involves welding a plates in to the car for extra strength.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members