Cupra - Black n Blue

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
After wanting one for years today this finally arrived

null_zps3f61ecad.jpg

My double din center console, and a spare facia so I can mess about with it a bit.

Now I just need to find a cheap double din unit with a touch screen and video input.

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
Thanks to monster wraps Southampton for my sun strip today
null_zps7f1217e7.jpg

Now when the sun is out this small orange dot is all I see, no more blindness by the sun for me.
null_zps95f57141.jpg

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
As it finally stopped raining for a bit i decided to attempt my double din install.
For those that don't know i have been trying to find a suitable double din head unit for ages and last week I got a Kenwood DNX4230DAB for £440.

First off, out with the old

The in withe the new was a bit more difficult.
For starters i didn't want to lose the cigarette lighter so I put a hole in one of my facias and transferred over my socket.
that led to my first problem, the console didnt have a space for it and as my dremel is missing i had to butcher it with a drill

Next big problem was the internal temperature sensor, not only are the power and air pipe to short but the new console has a bracket that gets in the way of the actual pump. After lots of panicking i managed to fit it behind the bracket and hold it in place with cable ties, i extended the cables and used some leftover pipe from my aquarium to extend to the inlet

And after lots of messing about with wires and screws, :censored: shouting, trying to get a [:@] torch to aim in the right place and forgetting to to take more photos, its finally in.

As its dark and im freezing i will take some daytime photos of it later.

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
Hi mate. What did you spray your taillight with? Would you recommend spraying them or wrapping them?
Cheers

I used e-tech light tinting spray, easy as to use, just build it up using light coats, and its easier if you get all of the lights off and line them up so you can get an even spray across all 4 sections.

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
Battery died as I was trying to get to work yesterday.
A quick search on the forums and I found a suitable replacement, ordered from euro parts using a 15% off code and picked it up the same day for £65.

And yes, even my battery is now black & blue.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/a...attery/075-car-batteries/?444770750&0&cc5_995

I managed to fit it in the rain but it started so hopefully I won't have any trouble again for a while.

I am concerned that my dash lights stay on all the time, even if they are dim.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise