Cupra black Rattling door card / rattle in back

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Face lift Cupra black 1.8 TSI

Ok how many of you have a rattle on the door card or and in the rear

Seems to be worse over ruff tarmac... kind of like a vibrating rattle

Driving me nuts anyway one got any idea what/where why?:lol:

Seems like it does it less with window down maybe or just more

noise drowning it out ha!..... should I just turn the stereo up:think::rolleyes:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Face lift Cupra black 1.8 TSI

Ok how many of you have a rattle on the door card or and in the rear

Seems to be worse over ruff tarmac... kind of like a vibrating rattle

Driving me nuts anyway one got any idea what/where why?:lol:

Seems like it does it less with window down maybe or just more

noise drowning it out ha!..... should I just turn the stereo up:think::rolleyes:

I haven't got a 1.8 Cupra, but the 1.0 TSI DSG SC (face lift one with 'newer' improved dash). It's 8 months now, 4.5k miles, so far nothing really rattles or vibrates. The only thing that does is usually the front passenger seat-belt, when they leave it draped on the lever to drop the seats (putting the belt straight down sorts this) or things like a 1/4 filled water bottle in the 3rd cup holder (not heavy enough so it rattles) or brochures in the door pockets. The only thing that may vibrate a tiny bit, is the right side of the dash, somewhere in between the drivers fan output and the light switch, but a moderate push, and it stops for quite awhile, maybe until some cobbled street.

Although saying that, when within a month that I got the Ibiza, going over those split speed humps, the rear left suspension did a strange squeak/squeal, but it was cold, and was the same in the Leon I had before, and gosh the doors (and I had 4 of those) and trim rattles in that, even on smooth road...

Theunisses

Aug 9, 2017
I've recently got hold of a four year old 60k 1.2TSi 5DR and the front driver's door has an annoying rattle at low speeds. It tends to disappear (or become less noticeable) at speeds over 30mph but it's very irritating at low speeds.
Anyone with any ideas where the problem might be?

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Yeah don't get me wrong overall the interior is pretty good for build quality

Dash doesn't rattle. Just seems to be the door cards squeaking slight I think

Or slight vibration also something in rear is too. Doesn't really do it on smooth roads and like you say higher speeds probably not as bad

Kind disappointed with the door handle/grab handle on this cupra. Ad I think old door handle on my mk3 cupra are better. Think they cheaped out on that i guess they have to cut corners some where as they do have a lot of kit on for the money.

Wonder if any of the higher end audi or vw door handles would fit?:think:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members