Cupra / Boc ECU Update

The Pielander

May 2, 2007
West Midlands
I had my Cupra in for its first service today. I mentioned the higher than expected oil consumption and the hesitancy in the DSG for the first 10-20 seconds from cold. The dealer called me to say there was a recall issued today to update the ECU to a new version which may solve these minor niggles. According to the paperwork it is '2478 Campaign'. Is this a new one?

The poloman

Aug 2, 2010
Carlisle
have you had the update? can you feel any improvements?

Also do you think it could be done under warranty if your next service isnt for a while?

The Pielander

May 2, 2007
West Midlands
I had the update but I've only driven 2 miles home from the dealers so I didn't notice any difference yet. It would be great if SEAT would list all the fixes like software companies do:)

The update is a warranty fix and it had a separate document to the service invoice.

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
I think thats the poor starting issue recall, ill double check tomoz if is been out a while

actually ive got the sticker in my boot for my last update ill have a look soon.

leon20v

its all about the BOC
Feb 4, 2008
Charleston SC, USA
When i picked my car up in Jan i had a recall sheet titled "24T8" - W-engine control unit 1.4tsi with it. was dated 16-12-10, wonder if its the same thing ?

Araf

Jun 28, 2010
West Yorkshire
I had an update on my Boc 2 weeks ago from the main dealers under warranty. I hope they havent brought another update out that quick!!!

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
I had an update on my Boc 2 weeks ago from the main dealers under warranty. I hope they havent brought another update out that quick!!!

You would be suprised how many software updates come out for things.

Remember there is about 90 things in your average modern car each requiring different software code to be updated to it.

No knowing that the software update is going to the same engine module.

cupra-ads

Dec 16, 2010
Colchester, Essex
guys...the recall is called '24t8' its an update of the software for ecu and is meant to help cure some issues with the 1.4tsi engines on cold start - i.e them being a little lumpy and shakey - be warned if u have this done in most cases it will erase any stage 1 revo remaps - however the tuning centre will be able to put it back on for you for free! hope this helps!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise