CUPRA Cars

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Could folk with SEAT Cupra's please post in the "SEAT cars general discussion" Forum and not this one for the new CUPRA cars. Could someone from Admin move all the SEAT ones, of which there are many to the correct Forum, thanks.

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why? They are still Cupra
That's the problem, they are SEAT's and have their own Forum. Why not allow Audis and Skodas, they are different brands just like CUPRA. This forum already says in its title (not SEAT cars) Even the different badge is shown against this Forum not the SEAT "S", I don't make the rules, I just follow them otherwise we might as well just have one big melting pot where it is pure luck you will ever find what you are looking for.

Reactions: rob280

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
That's the problem, they are SEAT's and have their own Forum. Why not allow Audis and Skodas, they are different brands just like CUPRA. This forum already says in its title (not SEAT cars) Even the different badge is shown against this Forum not the SEAT "S", I don't make the rules, I just follow them otherwise we might as well just have one big melting pot where it is pure luck you will ever find what you are looking for.
But they are "Cupras" they have the gold badge.
They are all made by Seat. I think your being a snob.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hi - we created the two forums as SEAT and CUPRA are now separate brands. CUPRA is not a sub-brand of SEAT and the boss gets annoyed if people describe it as that. CUPRA is on the road to phasing out souped-up SEAT models from their range and will make CUPRA-only cars like the Formentor and the forthcoming models, Tavascan, UrbanRebel and Terramar, these will not be SEAT cars. It will take a while for people to adjust and especially if they have cars from the overlapping period, copper SEAT badges etc. I've asked the team to move any threads they spot in the wrong place to the correct forum. ta

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
But they are "Cupras" they have the gold badge.
They are all made by Seat. I think your being a snob.
All my cars since 1996 have been SEATs, Biza GTI 1.8, Biza TDI sport 1.9, Biza Cupra PD 160, two Biza twinchargers and then a Leon Cupra 280. If I was a snob I think I would have bought Audi, BMW or Mercs, I only have a CUPRA as SEAT no longer make sporty cars.[:@]

Reactions: rob280

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Hi - we created the two forums as SEAT and CUPRA are now separate brands. CUPRA is not a sub-brand of SEAT and the boss gets annoyed if people describe it as that. CUPRA is on the road to phasing out souped-up SEAT models from their range and will make CUPRA-only cars like the Formentor and the forthcoming models, Tavascan, UrbanRebel and Terramar, these will not be SEAT cars. It will take a while for people to adjust and especially if they have cars from the overlapping period, copper SEAT badges etc. I've asked the team to move any threads they spot in the wrong place to the correct forum. ta
They’re still making the Cupra Leon hatch and estate though right? They recently unveiled the facelifts for ‘24/‘25. They can’t not carry on making those really. They’re 👌🏼

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
They’re still making the Cupra Leon hatch and estate though right? They recently unveiled the facelifts for ‘24/‘25. They can’t not carry on making those really. They’re 👌🏼
Yes for now as they are mid life. After the facelifts who knows, I suspect there won't be another CUPRA Leon after this with CUPRA making their own hatch if they make one at all. They've already decided not to make a CUPRA Ibiza.