Cupra Connect renewal issue

Tell

Staff member
I'm told by Skoda folk that they are doing manual map updates to mib3 out of contract using the download page.

Seat PDF of how to do it attached. File preperation. Then the menu to kick it off:

20221101_201044.png

Might be worth a try if anyone wants the map updates without paying for connected services. Previously, the story was that update screen using a USB map download never did anything across the VAG brand on mib3. It may now do something.

I can do hand holding on that if anyone wants to try. The hand holding would be don't use a Mac but if you do use CleanMyDrive on the USB after copying it there and any unzipping, 7 zip on a PC or built in, Keka on a Mac. The car manual covers what menu options to press to trigger it off.... see above after down load and file preperation, down, unzip to HD, copy to USB, run Keka on the USB if you used a Mac. Don't prod about inside the files once downloaded it does an integrity check.

Report back any success. Note current release and whether it updates. Like mib2 high might take an hour or so of processing on and off. You need to be out of contract for a proper test.

Attachments

• HOW TO UPDATE YOUR NAVIGATION SYSTEM SEAT.pdf
    834.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I had the renewal email through on 31 Jan, tried to renew there and then and the 'Extend it' button doesn't highlight....

But my current subscription doesn't expire until 02 Mar (anniversary of collecting the car), so I thought perhaps it won't let you renew until the month before (i.e. Feb) but not today either. So I'll try tomorrow (a month to the day before expiry) and see what happens.

At least it's 'only' £99 for the two years renewal now - maybe it'll have gone back up by the time I can eventually renew! :)

Tell

Staff member
The service plans they don't allow you to access the system until the day is up then reveal the options. Might be similar. You could give them a call or wait.

Pretty sure there aren't any "free" map updates with Seat with mib3 via a usb upload. They have that locked down as it was in mib2 high units via the navigation FeC although the documentation covers it. Skoda folk can upgrade for free offline so as to speak as they always could.

The paid online services are a feature across the VAG brand. They probably thought can't remove free offline updates for VW and Skoda else customers would give too much stick. Audi like Seat never officially got free map updates. Audi folk with mib2 highs are now busy adjusting their navigation FeCs. The party hasn't arrived to mib3 yet for that I reckon.

Probably not bad value for money. With an EV warming the car up before you get in it seems good value if the price was in it 😍.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I had the renewal email through on 31 Jan, tried to renew there and then and the 'Extend it' button doesn't highlight....

But my current subscription doesn't expire until 02 Mar (anniversary of collecting the car), so I thought perhaps it won't let you renew until the month before (i.e. Feb) but not today either. So I'll try tomorrow (a month to the day before expiry) and see what happens.

At least it's 'only' £99 for the two years renewal now - maybe it'll have gone back up by the time I can eventually renew! :)
Well I think I've renewed CupraConnect for the next two years (£99, and as I have the VZ2 Hybrid it's quite useful), although the numbers of Continues, Buy, Confirm, etc. buttons I had to click it's quite confusing - I may have bought it three times!

So clearly you can't renew when Cupra send the renewal required email out (31 Jan), nor in the previous month (01 Feb) but you can at most a calendar month ahead (02 Feb), ahead of the eventual expiry on 02 March.

Reactions: Tell
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise