Cupra dsg slipping gear on hard acceleration???

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
If I accelerate hard in manual and shift from first into second it's hard to describe but it almost feels like second gear is slipping, the effects of it are a loss of power but revs are still at 3-4K, traction control light starts to flash, then after a few seconds it stabilises and I can carry on, it happens so quickly it's hard to describe it all but I'm pretty sure it's not normal! I read something kind of similar on an Audi forum and they said the dsg software needs an update?
Anyone else had anything similar or might know what is causing it?
Please answer quick as warranty runs out at end of this month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
If I accelerate hard in manual and shift from first into second it's hard to describe but it almost feels like second gear is slipping, the effects of it are a loss of power but revs are still at 3-4K, traction control light starts to flash, then after a few seconds it stabilises and I can carry on, it happens so quickly it's hard to describe it all but I'm pretty sure it's not normal! I read something kind of similar on an Audi forum and they said the dsg software needs an update?
Anyone else had anything similar or might know what is causing it?
Please answer quick as warranty runs out at end of this month

I have just been onto my seat dealer and they say it sounds like the gear is Slipping in selection which won't look good on my bank balance by the sounds of it! Unless I am still just about covered by warranty, will my forge intake void warranty for a gearbox issue? Or should I put my oem air box back on for now???

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.