Cupra ECU UPDATE -NEW!

taxiboy

May 1, 2010
Just had it done, on job sheet had "*S/W UPDATE campaign 24T8"....10 reg....apparently its just been launched.

taxiboy

May 1, 2010
Not sure if it's only for the cupra, but i was told it was for smoother running of the engine . I hear more clunking noise from the dsg when it changes gear at low speed (but thats normal) and also more hiss and more responsive on the throtlle. definately noticed a difference.

I had it done when I had the car in again for that rattling noise...still not solved...going back in again 4th time this thursday...they said the alarm bracket was lose but the noise still came on...then they tried the securing the dails more-still didn't solve noise. THey didn't take dash off and have been taking the car out on loads of runs...done 30 plus miles in the car...ragging it hard to bring out the noise...not sure if i should have the car back in again. although it doesn't harm the car in anyway, it's annoying when it comes on...what do you suggest?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I believe its for better engine running, a few have complained about spark plugs going after a short while due to the amount of carbon around them.
I'm due to get it tomorrow for my my10 :)

Danny.

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hey guys not been on for a while hope everyones doing well, had my ecu updated on fri to the techie said it was to aid cold starting probs that some 1.4 tsi have had. Mine has been fine tho so see how it goes, also said they had a memo round now about the chirping noise on some bocs/cupras it is the water pump and has been modified now. Mine going in next week for this so fingers crossed!!;)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Not sure if it's only for the cupra, but i was told it was for smoother running of the engine . I hear more clunking noise from the dsg when it changes gear at low speed (but thats normal) and also more hiss and more responsive on the throtlle. definately noticed a difference.

I had it done when I had the car in again for that rattling noise...still not solved...going back in again 4th time this thursday...they said the alarm bracket was lose but the noise still came on...then they tried the securing the dails more-still didn't solve noise. THey didn't take dash off and have been taking the car out on loads of runs...done 30 plus miles in the car...ragging it hard to bring out the noise...not sure if i should have the car back in again. although it doesn't harm the car in anyway, it's annoying when it comes on...what do you suggest?

Not the a/c pipe on the chassis leg then?

Richy M

Oct 25, 2010
South Wales
Pretty certain mine had this done on Thursday when it was in getting the mirror fixed, said something about an update on the job list. Wish id'a paid more attention to what it said now!:(

Sep 19, 2010
-
If they done an ECU update, would you lose your revo?

Just wondering as seat mapped mine for me, but I got it adjusted at AMD to setting C, so if they wiped it and put it back on id have to get it tweeked again? Not sure if mine even got done but I had it serviced last week and was in there for about 3 hours lol

Last edited:

bizscotty

Fast Teacher
Jan 14, 2010
Oxfordshire
I had mine done just before Xmas and it removed my Revo.
Went to get it put back on and the garage said there was no Revo map available as they hadn't written one yet including this service update.
After some driving to Revo HQ and my ECU out, they have started updating the map. Carl there said he should have it ready for late this week hopefully :)

Sep 19, 2010
-
Iv just had a reply from my Seat garage and apparently mine did not need the ECU update. Mines a 10 plate

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Just had it done today.
Seems to start a little quicker (as Techie mentioned)
Gear changes seem quicker and smoother when slowing down aswell
MPG hasn't changed but I'll give it a few days
Throttle seems more responsive, although as mentioned, the DSG does seem to clunk more now? :S

Danny.

bizscotty

Fast Teacher
Jan 14, 2010
Oxfordshire
Thats wierd Tilley1. Seat Technical actually told my dealer to update my my10 when it was in after my new engine. Revo said the new Seat update was something about fixing engine knocks as their software is well tested. That could just be his oppinion though.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Mine is due its 20k service this month. I dont think I want this update. My car is running just perfect.

To change the DSG changes wouldn't the DSG ECU need mapping not the ECU?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Mine is due its 20k service this month. I dont think I want this update. My car is running just perfect.

To change the DSG changes wouldn't the DSG ECU need mapping not the ECU?

Mardon, yeah I would of thought so, maybe it's just me? But it does feel smoother, like recently, my car 'felt' like it was having trouble selecting the right gear. i.e it would choose third to pull into a junction and then jump down to second. On the same junction tonight, it just went straight to second? Same speed etc? I also hit 40mpg for the first time, ever.

Varnak

I had mine done just before Xmas and it removed my Revo.
Went to get it put back on and the garage said there was no Revo map available as they hadn't written one yet including this service update.
After some driving to Revo HQ and my ECU out, they have started updating the map. Carl there said he should have it ready for late this week hopefully :)

You are my hero. This map will now be available to all REVO customers in the world that we could get the SEAT update and have no trouble getting our Revo back on with the update included.

:clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.