Cupra First Year Service

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Hey folks, been a while since I last posted so you'll have to forgive if I've missed a recent thread or discussion on this...

I'm pretty new to the world of leasing so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My 2019 Cupra 290 is due its first year service and I didn't take out the maintenance pack with the lease (regrets!). I have a couple of contacts in the industry offering to get this done "cheap" including at VW themselves. However...I don't have a service book and looking through the owners manual it looks as though this is only available to Seat online.

Is this A) correct and B) is there a way around it so I am not forced into paying the crazy main dealer prices?

Thanks all. Hope everyone is keeping safe.

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
Check the terms of your leasing company. Most allow you to service anywhere as long as you use manufacturer approved/specification parts. Some can stipulate you use a main dealer.
I just had my first year one done last month. Got the parts from Listers SEAT, just the oil and filter for about £40. Got my Seat main dealer to do a labour only service, I think they charged £100. I can check the invoice if you want me to. I could have gone to a local independent dealer, but they weren't much cheaper.
There is no physical service book now its all electronic records.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
Check the terms of your leasing company. Most allow you to service anywhere as long as you use manufacturer approved/specification parts. Some can stipulate you use a main dealer.
I just had my first year one done last month. Got the parts from Listers SEAT, just the oil and filter for about £40. Got my Seat main dealer to do a labour only service, I think they charged £100. I can check the invoice if you want me to. I could have gone to a local independent dealer, but they weren't much cheaper.

Also you are quids in by not taking the maintenance contract as if you get the dealer to set the servicing to long life that should give you another 2 years before your next one is due. Mine is a 2 year lease so I only expected to fork out for the one service over the lease term.

Rick89

May 10, 2019

Thanks for the reply.

The car is leased from SEAT themselves and as such via VW Financial Services so I'm not sure I have much choice.

My contact at VW has offered to do it all in for £100 which is why I begrudge having to go anywhere else! You'd think getting the service at VW would make VWFS happy!!

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

The car is leased from SEAT themselves and as such via VW Financial Services so I'm not sure I have much choice.

My contact at VW has offered to do it all in for £100 which is why I begrudge having to go anywhere else! You'd think getting the service at VW would make VWFS happy!!

Why do you think just because the leasing company is VWFS that they would require you to have it done at a main dealer? Not necessarily.

£100 all in from a main dealer is a bargain in any case. Just make sure you get all the invoices as proof of parts and work carried out.

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Why do you think just because the leasing company is VWFS that they would require you to have it done at a main dealer? Not necessarily.

£100 all in from a main dealer is a bargain in any case. Just make sure you get all the invoices as proof of parts and work carried out.

I'm not one for small print but imagined there being something contained in the contract about service requirements at SEAT themselves.

I've called SEAT customer services and the advice wasn't definitive but I'm taking from what he said that I am able to get the work carried out at VW so I'll go along with that and keep hold of the paperwork as you suggested.

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
Sounds good. If you want a definitive answer just ring your finance company. Your contract is with them. Seat customer services won't have a view either way about servicing.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

Reason being is that VWFS stipulate that you use the dealer network as it's their car and they get to choose.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Have a read up on Block Exemption Regulations for vehicle servicing whilst under warranty, this is another area that could change in the future with us leaving the EU though?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.