Cupra Formentor Hybrid not charging

tinykettle

Jan 22, 2023
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.

When I park up and plug my car into a wall box, 7kwh, the car doesn't charge.

Before I plug the cable in, the indicator light on the socket is solid white. When I plug the charger in the light goes out completely. The wall box does however acknowledge the charger has been plugged in. If I unplug the charger the solid white light comes back on.

While plugged in if I go in the car and turn the ignition on there are no error messages on the dashboard or infotainment system. The battery percentage doesn't move at all either.

The car knows the cable is plugged in as it shows up (white cable sysmbol) on the dashboard and if I go to turn the car on to drive off, it tells me I can't because the cable is connected.

If anyone knows anything about this issue and can help that would be greatly appreciated.

The Car is going into the garage tomorrow for a battery management software upgrade so I can ask them atbthe garage but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything simple!

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.

When I park up and plug my car into a wall box, 7kwh, the car doesn't charge.

Before I plug the cable in, the indicator light on the socket is solid white. When I plug the charger in the light goes out completely. The wall box does however acknowledge the charger has been plugged in. If I unplug the charger the solid white light comes back on.

While plugged in if I go in the car and turn the ignition on there are no error messages on the dashboard or infotainment system. The battery percentage doesn't move at all either.

The car knows the cable is plugged in as it shows up (white cable sysmbol) on the dashboard and if I go to turn the car on to drive off, it tells me I can't because the cable is connected.

If anyone knows anything about this issue and can help that would be greatly appreciated.

The Car is going into the garage tomorrow for a battery management software upgrade so I can ask them atbthe garage but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything simple!

The light on the car shouldn’t be on before you plug it in. Sounds faulty to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinykettle

Jan 22, 2023
Hi Koush,

It's a work wall box, I've just got home and tried my 3pin 13amp charger and it's doing the same thing, the charger is flashing green but there's no light on the Cars socket.

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
Every time I've unlocked my charging socket a white solid light comes on then changes to flashing green once I've plugged the charger in

Sorry, I was wrong. There is a white light on mine. I’m not sure what flashing green means though

tinykettle

Jan 22, 2023
Sorry, I was wrong. There is a white light on mine. I’m not sure what flashing green means though

As far as I know it just means it's charging when it's a slow flashing green light

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
This is how mine works; on opening the charging flap the indicator light comes on white. This only happens when it's dark, it's to help you see to plug in the charging cable. Inbthe daytime it does not light up white. On plugging in the cable the light turns to green pulsing as shown on the label inside the flap. If I've set a departure time the green light flashes green every few seconds to indicate charging will start later.
There are other indications in amber and red as shown on the label and as described in the owners manual. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Hugh JC

tinykettle

Jan 22, 2023
This is how mine works; on opening the charging flap the indicator light comes on white. This only happens when it's dark, it's to help you see to plug in the charging cable. Inbthe daytime it does not light up white. On plugging in the cable the light turns to green pulsing as shown on the label inside the flap. If I've set a departure time the green light flashes green every few seconds to indicate charging will start later.
There are other indications in amber and red as shown on the label and as described in the owners manual. Hope this helps.
Thats what mine was doing up until yesterday, now when I plug the cable in the light goes out all together, no green pulsing light, nothing.

As I said I'm taking it in to the garage today for a software update so I will ask them to look at it.

Reactions: oldgitdave

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Thats what mine was doing up until yesterday, now when I plug the cable in the light goes out all together, no green pulsing light, nothing.

As I said I'm taking it in to the garage today for a software update so I will ask them to look at it.
Good luck with it and please let us know how you get on.

tinykettle

Jan 22, 2023
Unfortunately they had to reschedule my appointment for the 15th of February but they will look into my charging issue then. A bit frustrating because it means 3 weeks without having the plug in power, pretty much cutting my MPG in half.

I had tried cleaning the Pins up in the socket but that's not worked either.

Feb 19, 2023
Any updates on this tinykettle? We've been having this exact problem over the last few days. Booking it in for the garage to check tomorrow but any info/workarounds you can provide to help speed things along would be appreciated.

tinykettle

Jan 22, 2023
Nothing yet jehmzz, it's been a bit of a ride to be honest, the date I took my car in they didn't have the booking on their system, now I need to wait till 20th of March as they couldn't provide me a courtesy car untill then! Love the car, even with the faults but the service is a bit of a let down!

Feb 19, 2023
Ah no! Totally agree, great car but service leaves something to be desired. Hopefully get some answers soon, will report back with any info

Jul 24, 2023
I have the same problem with my Formentor. Will go to the garage tomorrow. The light for charging where you plug in te car works for about 20 second and than goes off, the green light still shows it's charging (blinks on off all the time) but the battery stays empty after a whole night charging.

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Mine does this - but by design because I have set OFF PEAK charging in the Departure times in App.

Jul 24, 2023
the garage said it was because I used an extension cable. That's why it did not charge or sometimes it does if you are lucky.
You need to plug the formentor cable directly in the wall/pole socket. Than it works which is a shame because my house is tot far from a socket.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
the garage said it was because I used an extension cable. That's why it did not charge or sometimes it does if you are lucky.
You need to plug the formentor cable directly in the wall/pole socket. Than it works which is a shame because my house is tot far from a socket.
That's rubbish as I've always used an extension cable, sometimes (until I installed purpose made extension cable) over 2 or 3 extension cables.

Reactions: Richiepoos
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise