Cupra formentor infotainment issues

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
The problems seem to stem from changing users. Not to sure though. We are considering sending it back as it’s so bad. At the weekend I couldn’t change the temp on the climate. A couple of days before that I changed user and it froze. I had to pull over and turn the car off and let it reset. It’s just one thing after another.

Tennis Pro

Mar 4, 2021
My screen this morning has just gone blank, purple sort of colour and that's it, nothing works whatsoever. I've had no problems until now but only had the car just less than 3 Weeks.

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
My screen this morning has just gone blank, purple sort of colour and that's it, nothing works whatsoever. I've had no problems until now but only had the car just less than 3 Weeks.
I have had this problem to.

Attachments

• 774DAAD5-76DB-47E0-8C25-4128B8055A00.jpeg
    774DAAD5-76DB-47E0-8C25-4128B8055A00.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 703
Apr 27, 2021
Went to the dealer this morning
Unfortunately I had a call yesterday from my dealer saying there is an issue with my infotainment screen and I haven’t even taken delivery of my new car!! Was meant to be collecting tomorrow but they are advising it needs a whole new screen/system but these are on back order so could be a while before I get the car now! If it’s a software issue, I might advise but does anyone know what version it should be now?
Update on mine, eventhough they did the update this still didn’t fix the issue so they have to order a whole new infotainment system but these are on back order! Could take weeks maybe in few months but at least they gave us a Leon FR Hybrid until it’s fixed and not left us without!

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Went to the dealer this morning

Update on mine, eventhough they did the update this still didn’t fix the issue so they have to order a whole new infotainment system but these are on back order! Could take weeks maybe in few months but at least they gave us a Leon FR Hybrid until it’s fixed and not left us without!
Is yours a 2020 car or 2021??

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Can't they find you the same spec stock car or one coming soon? Was it registered already and officially changed ownership?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
The majority of members on this forum spotted going almost buttonless and everything controlled through an infotainment screen was a problem waiting to happen.

guess what, it is a problem. VAG group want to hang their heads in shame.

shocking

Reactions: MrMinch
Apr 9, 2021
Hi - I had my silver tormentor for four weeks and have only just managed to get the Alexa app to work - I have had to pay for the e-sim mobile contract but i do not know how to activate the e-sim on the infotainment system - can anybody please help

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
What does Alexa do that’s worth paying for a data sim in car, versus for example using Siri on iPhone, or whatever the equivalent on Android?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Hi - I had my silver tormentor for four weeks and have only just managed to get the Alexa app to work - I have had to pay for the e-sim mobile contract but i do not know how to activate the e-sim on the infotainment system - can anybody please help
Shouldn't car come with an e-sim already for the first year or two? How do you get the updates without an e-sim.

Apr 27, 2021
Can't they find you the same spec stock car or one coming soon? Was it registered already and officially changed ownership?
No luckily was not registered but there is no stock in the country but they will keep me updated if that does change

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
mine is back at the dealer today for the update. I am fed up with this car and will be looking to reject if it isnt resolved.

I paid for data and an update used my data which is wrong, cubic telecom didnt want to know, so far neither to cupra UK

annoying how you need to have data to use online radio, even if you tether to your own phone via wifi - another way to rinse money from the consumer.

Reactions: JonnyT

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
Just got the car back after the update. Can't help but feel the soundaktor sounds different now, more pronounced?

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Version 1790 or 1803? I’m on 1790 and I find the idle sound in Cupra mode quite grating, just sounds really off. Whereas while driving it sounds more realistically like a v6/v8, albeit nowhere near the real thing...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.