Cupra formentor infotainment issues

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Infotainment is fairly regularly restarting itself while driving recently - sometimes the screen just goes black followed by Cupra splash screen then back to normal, others it resets to default Cupra mode, 22C on both sides and drivers heated seat activated...

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Infotainment is fairly regularly restarting itself while driving recently - sometimes the screen just goes black followed by Cupra splash screen then back to normal, others it resets to default Cupra mode, 22C on both sides and drivers heated seat activated...
Is your car a 2021 version??

manracer

Mar 15, 2021

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_132823.jpg
    IMG_20210503_132823.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 340
Reactions: steviekek

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
Am I behind the times with 1672? This is after getting it back from the dealer with all updates applied?

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Am I behind the times with 1672? This is after getting it back from the dealer with all updates applied?

My (limited) understanding is that the latest OTA version available is 1790, and that 1803 is available at dealers only, but for a limited VIN range (mine is outside this).

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

As you have a revision B unit v1672 is the highest software you can get.

Ive got this on mine and there currently is no further upgrade.

The v17xx and v18xx upgrades are for later revision units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cipper

May 8, 2021
I also have infotainment issues with my Formentor. The car was delivered yesterday and the problem was obvious from the start. The tablet was unresponsive. We waited thinking it was maybe updating user account or maybe checking something in the background. We even moved the car in a shaded spot so we couldnt blame over heating. It started working pretty decent after a while so I drove home. During the evening I took my family for a short ride and it became obvious the infotainment has issues. It just gets unresponsive. It took more than 10 minutes to be able to switch AC off.
So after less than 24 hours I've returned it tonthe dealer and I m waiting some conclussions on monday.
Really really disappointed. After all it's a 43 k euro car..

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
My VZ2 310ps Formentor was built on the 6th April and has software version 1790, I was told it’s the latest version when I collected it on Thursday. The acc works correctly but I did get a few random speed limit signs displayed with corresponding markers on the speedometer, they didn’t stay displayed for long though. The most annoying thing for me is the intermittent keyless entry not working. don’t think it is anything that I’m doing wrong as my Seat Ibiza has keyless entry and I’ve never had any problems with it. At one point when I parked the car it wouldn’t let me use the kick move or manual handle to open the boot, the only way I could open it was by pressing and holding the boot button on the key. And yes the car was unlocked at the time. I am loving the car though and can’t wait for it to be run in so I can enjoy the performance fully.

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
Does anyone happen to know what Bluetooth Codec the head unit uses? I'm really hoping that it's capable of AptX HD or another 24 bit codec, but I doubt that.

I really want the best audio out of this car, and no Aux port means I can't use my HD DAC, so will be reliant on the BT codec 😢

mat177n

Apr 24, 2016
somerset
I think cupra has changed the infotainment quite a bit over the golfs. So I am not sure if they are having the same issues. Could be wrong but the golfs looks like something from a 20 year old mobile phone lol.
It's the same MIB3 infotainment system that is in the Golf mk8 and the new Leon mk4 and a bunch of other VAG new cars.
Each manufacturer will put its own twist on it, just like how you get so many different makes of android phones.
I think your find the problems with the infotainment system in the Formentor is the same sort of problems your find throughout VAG at the moment it's the same with the ACC and traffic sign recognition problems.

Jul 14, 2021
I've picked my car from the dealer's today. A long 2 weeks wait, but the new tablet works just fine.
Hope that what starts bad ends well.
Hi! How has it been working for you since you got the new tablet, any problems?

Jul 14, 2021
No problem at all.
It still feels laggy when using Waze in Android Auto but I am pretty sure that is a software issue of Android.
Super happy it worked out for you and a relief to hear. Was intended to pick my formentor up at the dealership yesterday and the infotainment system just wasnt working at all. Dealer said it was because of an ongoing update but as time went nothing happened. Had to roll back home in one of their Cupra leons while their getting it fixed.. they claimed it needed a new display. Bit frustrating and worrisome , joining this forum and discovering all different types of problems didnt really ease the nerves either. But reading your post gives me hope :D

Cipper

May 8, 2021
Super happy it worked out for you and a relief to hear. Was intended to pick my formentor up at the dealership yesterday and the infotainment system just wasnt working at all. Dealer said it was because of an ongoing update but as time went nothing happened. Had to roll back home in one of their Cupra leons while their getting it fixed.. they claimed it needed a new display. Bit frustrating and worrisome , joining this forum and discovering all different types of problems didnt really ease the nerves either. But reading your post gives me hope :D
I completely understand. It will be sorted out after replacement and then yiu can fully enjoy your new car :)

Jul 14, 2021
Unfortunately I had a call yesterday from my dealer saying there is an issue with my infotainment screen and I haven’t even taken delivery of my new car!! Was meant to be collecting tomorrow but they are advising it needs a whole new screen/system but these are on back order so could be a while before I get the car now! If it’s a software issue, I might advise but does anyone know what version it should be now?
Hi, got the similar issue with mine, curious to hear if it has worked out for you yet. Have you gotten your formentor?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.