CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
As a potential purchaser, more understanding of things NOT being issues would help .
Not issues -

looks (although I am going to lower mine)

practicality is spot on

Seats / seating position / steering wheel - I place great value on a seating position in a fast car - this is pretty much on the money

Engine (although I am going to remap mine to give it a bit more low down Rev range grunt)

Brakes (Brembo brakes are fantastic)

Handles well enough (Cupra setting for me)

CarPlay

Panoramic roof brightens things up and is quite nice to open on a nice day (and avoids the faff of setting the

Rarity (it’s a head Turner and people ask about it)

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
There is also an element of those that are so excited by their new car purchase that they are willing to overlook “minor” issues.

I don’t think anyone can argue that the car was pushed out before it was ready with way too much kit for the car’s system to handle. That’s okay if they know how to sort the problems, but they don’t.
It’s been said before but we are beta testing the car and the dealerships are also learning their way around it by trial and error.

There is a sweet spot in a cars life when they right all the wrongs - facelift - that’s when this car will be bang on the money.
As early adopters we are paving the way for a better car in 3 years time. Those buyers of eventual facelift models should thank us all.
Totally get it mate. Early adopters of this new MQB platform covering various VAG group cars are definitely being used to test the software. I was all over the Octavia mk4 forums as I ordered one in January. Everything I’m reading on here (literally, apart from the keyless entry issues) are being reported on there and more besides. This platform has indeed been put into production before testing has been completed. I think what I was trying to say is that if you come on forums expecting a 50/50 split of good and bad, you’ll be disappointed and was more in direct response to the comment that “every owner on here has problems with their car” or words to that effect.
I cancelled my Octavia at the end of April as no build date and no timeline given on when that may be, and switched to the Formentor, which I’m excited about. But have accepted that there may be some teething issues which I’ll need to live with initially, but thankfully the EA888 and four wheel drive should make them easier to live with. 😬😬

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
That raises a question, has any owner on here experienced zero problems with their Formentor?
I'm not sure if there's someone with ZERO issues, but there are people with some minor issues or one time events. I experienced two glitches that didn't happen again: reversing camera froze and aircon/heating didn't work after starting the car. So far, around 2100 miles done.

I had previously new cars that were less than 1 year on a market and they didn't have that kind of issues, but these were from 2009 and 2012, so not so much unnecessary tech. I don't think there are perfect cars. Every brand new or almost new car I had, suffered from some small issue at some point (rattle in door, B-column, wind noise in driver's door after a year, leaky roof in convertible, failed coil at 4000 miles, failed aircon radiator in 3rd year, failed AdBlue pipe in 3rd year).

Admittedly, the car with most known issues and warranty repair is my Japanese/Italian Abarth 124. Some of the issues were present on my car, some of them not, but I have a list to check before warranty expires. And I intend to keep it, so it must be category: excited with the car, overlook minor issues.

Last edited:

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
I'm not sure if there's someone with ZERO issues, but there are people with some minor issues or one time events. I experiences two glitches that didn't happen again: reversing camera froze while reversing and aircon/heating didn't work once after starting the car. So far, around 2100 miles done.

I had previously new cars that were less than 1 year on a market and they didn't have that kind of issues, but these were from 2009 and 2012, so not so much unnecessary tech. I don't think there are perfect cars. Every brand new or almost new car I had, suffered from some small issue at some point (rattle in door, B-column, wind noise in driver's door after a year, leaky roof in convertible, failed coil at 4000 miles, failed aircon radiator in 3rd year, failed AdBlue pipe in 3rd year).

Admittedly, the car with most known issues and warranty repair is my Japanese/Italian Abarth 124. Some of the issues were present on my car, some of them not, but I have a list to check before warranty expires.
One or two minor niggles to start with, software updates resolved all this. Mine is a 2020 model and the VIN falls into the upgrade required ones, not that I've done anything about that yet, but no ongoing issues experienced and really pleased and satisfied with the car. Hopefully stays problem free, had it nearly 5 months now with just less than 2000 (lockdown) miles on the clock, but starting to return to more normal mileage rates (1k per month).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise