Syphon

SCN Admin
Site Owner
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The CUPRA Formentor, the first vehicle developed specifically for the brand, has been nominated as one of the seven finalists in the prestigious European Car of the Year 2021 award.

This is the culmination of a short journey for the brand, which started in February 2018 when CUPRA was born. The product range has been expanded and transformed since then, including CUPRA Ateca, CUPRA Leon and CUPRA Formentor.

“The CUPRA Formentor’s nomination in this year’s Car of the Year award is a tribute to the hard work and dedication of the brand’s entire team. The CUPRA Formentor, our first uniquely designed and developed model, is a real game changer: It brings a dimension to the market that hasn’t been seen before, helping make the brand more visible and desirable. With the CUPRA Formentor, we are joining a new growing segment in Europe.”Wayne Griffiths, President of CUPRA and SEAT

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Ventsi

Nov 13, 2020
That's a great achievement. However we all know a truly electric car will win, most probably the VW ID.3

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
That's a great achievement. However we all know a truly electric car will win, most probably the VW ID.3
Agree, all down to the 'politics' of saving the planet, one battery at a time! Formentor would be a worthy winner, but doomed to lose out to a plug-in car, although in fairness the ID.3 wouldn't be a poor choice, if it wins.

Ventsi

Nov 13, 2020
I've driven an ID.3. It's a cool, quirky car, but the interior quality is nowhere near the Formentor.
Maybe if the Formentor started with the hybrid engine, as they were promising a year ago, it would have a slightly better chance of winning.

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

What the !!!!
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Off topic but I hope an electric one does not win, they are not quite there yet. Development for electric cars has been a pish take. First electric car made in 1890 and if you take the level of development companies have had, an average of 160miles is not that great in 130 years. TBF when you do enough digging the oil companies own a few rights to electrification so not in their interest (well until now) to develop it quickly. I'm old school and I am going to miss the ICE and until an electric car can get me 350miles (real world miles) non stop to my holiday residence then they are not for me.

GAP Insurance - cover the difference for peace of mind