Cupra Leon estate VZ3 how long did you wait?

Dec 20, 2021
Hi everyone just curious how long if you have ordered how long have you had to Wait. We ordered august handed in our vehicle as part ex (deposit) and been managing with one 4 seater to a family of 5. However was initially told oct/nov delivery and given a build week 40 which was then moved to 41, now the build week has been removed from system and stoneacre can’t give us an update. They are giving us a 5 seater car to use for a few days over Christmas but just wondering how much longer we’re gonna be waiting. We’ve ordered Cupra Leon estate vz3 2.0 310ps with pano roof and Matt grey paint, any info would be great thanks in advance

wibble

Aug 21, 2021
I ordered a Graphene Grey VZ3 E-Hybrid Estate With Pano Roof & XL Pack in August from Lookers & do not have a build week yet. I managed to agree a price with Lookers for me retaining my part-ex until delivery date - I'm thinking I did well here as it looks like things are undoubtedly going to take longer than first anticipated. Lookers seem to think I should get mine delivered Feb/March however I have not had an update in some time!!

Dec 20, 2021
I ordered a Graphene Grey VZ3 E-Hybrid Estate With Pano Roof & XL Pack in August from Lookers & do not have a build week yet. I managed to agree a price with Lookers for me retaining my part-ex until delivery date - I'm thinking I did well here as it looks like things are undoubtedly going to take longer than first anticipated. Lookers seem to think I should get mine delivered Feb/March however I have not had an update in some

Dec 20, 2021
Oh my We got xl pack too and tow bar we wondered if it was just the 2.0 having more probs with builds ect. Looks like we in in this for the long haul lol. You’ve done really well with the part ex. We had to agree to hand ours back end of aug as it was less than a year old and we got back pretty much what we payed so could understand the reason with that but think if we’d of realised it was gonna be 6 month or even longer we would prob still have it.

Reactions: wibble

310CUP

Dec 21, 2021
Not from UK but Northern Europe - Ordered a 310 with basically all the options in June. Inital delivery date was end of October, then preliminary build date moved to end of October. In November the dealer said all build dates have been cancelled and now no information at all...

Dec 20, 2021
Not from UK but Northern Europe - Ordered a 310 with basically all the options in June. Inital delivery date was end of October, then preliminary build date moved to end of October. In November the dealer said all build dates have been cancelled and now no information at all...
We can’t understand how a big company can just do that surely there’s more to it looks like we’re all not getting anything anytime soon

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
We can’t understand how a big company can just do that surely there’s more to it looks like we’re all not getting anything anytime soon
It’s frustrating, but the semiconductor shortage is still having a significant impact on the whole motor industry‘s ability to build cars - especially fully optioned models that have a large number of semiconductor-dependent components and parts. Also, Covid and the Omicron variant will no doubt be impacting car manufacturers workforce and the workforce of their suppliers - potentially in a big way. If the component manufacturers in the supply chain are experiencing high levels of employee absenteeism through Covid, then that’s likely to adversely affect their ability to manufacturer and supply Seat with the parts and components they need to build cars.

VAG in general don’t seem to be very good at communication to keep dealers and customers informed. It would probably be easier for customers to accept the delays if Seat (and the other VAG brands) were better at communicating the reasons for them, and providing customers with updates on a regular basis. When I bought a new Golf in 2011 and there were delays with my car’s build, the salesman I was dealing with gave me an update every two weeks, even if there was no progress to report. As frustrating as it was at the time, at least my expectations were managed.

Dec 20, 2021
It’s frustrating, but the semiconductor shortage is still having a significant impact on the whole motor industry‘s ability to build cars - especially fully optioned models that have a large number of semiconductor-dependent components and parts. Also, Covid and the Omicron variant will no doubt be impacting car manufacturers workforce and the workforce of their suppliers - potentially in a big way. If the component manufacturers in the supply chain are experiencing high levels of employee absenteeism through Covid, then that’s likely to adversely affect their ability to manufacturer and supply Seat with the parts and components they need to build cars.

VAG in general don’t seem to be very good at communication to keep dealers and customers informed. It would probably be easier for customers to accept the delays if Seat (and the other VAG brands) were better at communicating the reasons for them, and providing customers with updates on a regular basis. When I bought a new Golf in 2011 and there were delays with my car’s build, the salesman I was dealing with gave me an update every two weeks, even if there was no progress to report. As frustrating as it was at the time, at least my expectations were managed.
Totally agree with the communication problem, we’ve been in to see them at stoneacre tonight to arrange temp car for over xmas and there’s still no update but the current wait time they have been advised of for Cupra Leon estate is 22weeks as of today so hopefully if we go off that as a guide we would be looking at 17 Jan however since they’ve extended their hols it would be more than likely feb if they haven’t included that in their times given to the dealers. A bit of communication goes a long way we’re all just left in limbo

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise