Cupra Mode...

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
When I tested mine the other day I must have gotten it wrong or not properly turned on/off ignition or simply been an idiot (highly possible !!)

I’ve tested this again today since finding that setting in Carista and I can confirm that my gearbox will be set in D mode when restarting.
I checked it 5 plus times and it was consistent.

I have to re-select Individual mode to get E gearbox again !!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
When I tested mine the other day I must have gotten it wrong or not properly turned on/off ignition or simply been an idiot (highly possible !!)

I’ve tested this again today since finding that setting in Carista and I can confirm that my gearbox will be set in D mode when restarting.
I checked it 5 plus times and it was consistent.

I have to re-select Individual mode to get E gearbox again !!
Mine rememebers it, just like the oldboy as I also have a 2014 280 like he does. Think the original Cupra has a lot of different stuff than the new ones.

Deleted member 103408

Well thats the good burgers of VW Changing stuff again. Just double checked mine and it stays in E after a restart.

Reactions: Seastormer

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
If I get brave i’ll toggle the ‘remember eco mode’ setting in Carista when I next have a play.
I’m a bit loathed to try tbh the last few things I’ve tried in that app didn’t work (rain closing windows and sunroof) and I’m scared of messing with something like the drive modes !!

Deleted member 103408

to be fair the rain closing software requires the right sensors you will find lots of people complaining it dont work on there leon / golf / skoda

Action Man

Mar 24, 2019
OMG why do cars have to be so dam complicated..... why do they make it a gazzillion options or button presses just to get to what you want... I've tried and gave up.... I let the car start in what ever it pleases...if I get a nice bit of road I just opt for Cupra mode..... As far as I can tell the sport and personnel option is a waste of time...
I have no such problem with my 1930 Hot rod with its Flathead V8 motor.... comfort it less right foot, sport is more right foot, heat is windows up, cooler is windows down...... mebe I'll just swap to that for daily driving.

BTW the above is of no importance, I just need to do this 30 time or summat so I can ask for some seats

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
to be fair the rain closing software requires the right sensors you will find lots of people complaining it dont work on there leon / golf / skoda

Definitely doesn’t remember eco on the 2019 model.

I was hoping to get the sunroof to close with the rain sensor as I’m sure I’d seen it on a YouTube video but that’s not possible on my model either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Definitely doesn’t remember eco on the 2019 model.

I was hoping to get the sunroof to close with the rain sensor as I’m sure I’d seen it on a YouTube video but that’s not possible on my model either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a setting in Carista to ‘remember Eco mode’ but not tried it yet.

Also off topic on the rain closing sunroof/windows I saw a post on a Spanish forum with some pictures of the rain sensors. There is 2 types.
Newer ones like mine 2019 (I think it said the switch over was 17/18) have the sensor where it won’t work :(

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Does anyone know what physically happens when it is in cupra mode, I have read plenty about what it does but physically does anything happen with the suspension or exhaust? I just want to know so if I lower it or change the exhaust are there sensor to deal with?
Nothing happens to the engine or exhaust except for throttle response, steering gets heavily and suspension stiffens up

Deleted member 103408

I have not tried it (will try on Sunday) but the gear icon shows E and therefore the engine will drop to idle if you are not on the power.
Never been bothered to test change points to see if they are different between ECO and Normal.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.