Cupra Ownership is begining to be more of a worry then an enjoyment

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
Good morning all.

I just need to let off some steam....

So after collecting my Curpa plug in a little over 7 months ago, i am struggling to enjoy it anymore.

Within the 1st 4 weeks, and continuing for around 2 1/2 months i had an issue with the charging cable and plug, which (fingers crossed) is now sorted after the car spending a minimum of 4 weeks, on and off, at the dealer.

Then the issue was the reversing camera, which appears to be an issue with a few (not just Cupras). After being told the camera was at the dealers, an appointment was made and i turned up to be told the cameras had been return due to a recall. They did however complete the recall on the boot net (dog guard). On returning to collect the car, the dealer had then accidently scratched the drivers seat, which I am still waiting to be replaced. A subsiquent appointment was found and it has now been replaced.

The car is now booked in becuase the Drive Select button on the steering wheel and on the display dont work (well, on the display the complete function for selecting the drive mode has dissapeared), along with the electro stuff also greyed out. So I cant adjust which mode I can drive.

I waited a long time from when the car was suppose to arrive to when I collected it and have been to the dealer around 8-9 times for various appointments. If the dealer was only a few KMs away it wouldnt be so bad, but its an 80km (50 mile) round trip and its starting to get expensive.

There have been times where my family and I have been stuck somewhere, due to the car thinking the charging cable is still attached and wouldnt allow me to drive off. The response I recived was to turn the car off and allow it to sleep for 5 mins and then try again.

Has anyone else had any of these issues? What was the resolve? Has anyone else lost the confidence in their Cupra?

• Sad
Reactions: Richiepoos

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Good morning all.

I just need to let off some steam....

So after collecting my Curpa plug in a little over 7 months ago, i am struggling to enjoy it anymore.

Within the 1st 4 weeks, and continuing for around 2 1/2 months i had an issue with the charging cable and plug, which (fingers crossed) is now sorted after the car spending a minimum of 4 weeks, on and off, at the dealer.

Then the issue was the reversing camera, which appears to be an issue with a few (not just Cupras). After being told the camera was at the dealers, an appointment was made and i turned up to be told the cameras had been return due to a recall. They did however complete the recall on the boot net (dog guard). On returning to collect the car, the dealer had then accidently scratched the drivers seat, which I am still waiting to be replaced. A subsiquent appointment was found and it has now been replaced.

The car is now booked in becuase the Drive Select button on the steering wheel and on the display dont work (well, on the display the complete function for selecting the drive mode has dissapeared), along with the electro stuff also greyed out. So I cant adjust which mode I can drive.

I waited a long time from when the car was suppose to arrive to when I collected it and have been to the dealer around 8-9 times for various appointments. If the dealer was only a few KMs away it wouldnt be so bad, but its an 80km (50 mile) round trip and its starting to get expensive.

There have been times where my family and I have been stuck somewhere, due to the car thinking the charging cable is still attached and wouldnt allow me to drive off. The response I recived was to turn the car off and allow it to sleep for 5 mins and then try again.

Has anyone else had any of these issues? What was the resolve? Has anyone else lost the confidence in their Cupra?
Glad I bought a full petrol as most of these bugs seem to be only the Hybrids. I got my Leon 300 in May after 8 months wait and apart from the front reg plate coming off in the hot summer (now fixed with screws) I have had no probs at all, and really enjoying the car. Hope you get it sorted.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
I too am relieved that I went for a petrol 245 rather than a hybrid. I have had a few software issues that haven’t impacted on the driving, although it’s behaved well since my dealer updated everything last month. I’ve booked it back in for the auto hold to be looked at, as it sticks on every now and again (very rare) It’s a little unnerving when everyone around me sets off and I can’t move!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.