cupra r mk2 clutch nightmare!

Aug 7, 2020
Hi guys,

recently bought a Mk2 Cupra R and it's just shite...pure shite. It has a sachs organic clutch in there and lighter flywheel so thought the roughness of it was usual. but then I noticed a few things when i started to drive it properly as my daily.
1. A strange whirling noise when the clutch pedal is all the way down. clutch is also very stiff
2. struggles to go in to 1st gear a lot of the times
3. sometime hear a clunk or click when i change gears
4. reverse gear barely has any power in there. struggles to get up a slight incline.
5. it's shite.

Took it to a garage and they said I will need a new clutch kit that will cost £1500 parts and labour. Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting an RTS kit or something more reliable than the piece of **** sachs that's already in there. cheers.(y)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I believe at one point, Sachs was the clutch to get. But now everyone seems to be going RTS. I've got Helix myself and not had any problems with it (DMF). But it is quite a heavy clutch which is why I believe a lot go RTS (SMF). Where abouts in the country are you? Progressive Parts (VAG Manchester) are one of our sponsors who could sort you out.

I assume for the car to have an aftermarket clutch in it, it's been remapped?

Aug 7, 2020
I believe at one point, Sachs was the clutch to get. But now everyone seems to be going RTS. I've got Helix myself and not had any problems with it (DMF). But it is quite a heavy clutch which is why I believe a lot go RTS (SMF). Where abouts in the country are you? Progressive Parts (VAG Manchester) are one of our sponsors who could sort you out.

I assume for the car to have an aftermarket clutch in it, it's been remapped?

Hi, mate that is exactly what they recommended, an RTS SMF kit. Im just wondering what if it's just one of the slave cylinders?
I'm near Birmingham atm. Nice one buddy, i'll give them a shout and see what they can do for me. :)

yup car is running a stage 1 Map from revo. So nothing too crazy yet.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members