Cupra R oil leak - common place?

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Hi everyone, the engine and gearbox in my R was covered in oil, i knew there is an oil leak but i didnt have to add much oil tbh maybe 0.5l every 1000 miles ( i consider this a slight leak ) but looking at the engine from below it really bothers me. I replaced the valve cover gasket already, didnt replace the halfmoon as the tool broke but even after 100 miles the area around the halfmoon is bone dry so im thinking thats not really leaking. Valve cover gasket was done correctly there isnt even the slightest sign of a leak.

I noticed tho that where the engine mounts to the gearbox right in the connection there seems to be some fresh oil, and when having the car standing for a week there was a tiny drop of oil on the floor right below the alternator area.

All i can think of is the sump gasket and oil filter housing gasket, is there any other place that can leak? Thanks for any help.

Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Turbo oil seals - These can fail/leak , ring wear/valve stem seals - what does the exhaust look like ?
The tip of the exhaust is pretty much black, the car doesnt smoke or anything, there is a bit of a condensation from short journeys. There was a bit of oil on the turbo around the tip area.
aaa6af8f5ce6db6304a9a831ac460145.jpg

Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It's hard to say really buddy. Sounds like you've covered most of it, but looking at that pic, maybe it could be the oil feed to the turbo.

Reactions: Johny

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
My turbo oil feed pipe looks "damp" but not sure how to go about changing it. Actually, if the truth be told im worried about thread damage in the turbo. Anyone know if they undo without too many dramas?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.