Cupra r rear diffuser

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
So, a reduction from a 3" downpipe to a 2.75" catback doesn't mean a real restriction to the flow system, mate?

Negligible, when you consider what you have removed in the form of the standard downpipe (two catalysts and a 1.5" kink). Even a reduction into the OEM 2.25" catback is fine.

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
Negligible, when you consider what you have removed in the form of the standard downpipe (two catalysts and a 1.5" kink). Even a reduction into the OEM 2.25" catback is fine.

Alright then, mate, I guess I'll have to find that out by myself. The diffuser has just made it home :D

DSC_0436_zpswhlmizus.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the Milltek non-resonated Cupra R catback I ordered like a month ago, my importer is taking ages to bring it down here! [:@]:rolleyes:

Let's hope it doesn't take that much longer for it to arrive. Fingers crossed.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Alright then, mate, I guess I'll have to find that out by myself. The diffuser has just made it home :D

DSC_0436_zpswhlmizus.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the Milltek non-resonated Cupra R catback I ordered like a month ago, my importer is taking ages to bring it down here! [:@]:rolleyes:

Let's hope it doesn't take that much longer for it to arrive. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy, the non-res system will make it nice and loud :D

Lucio Bravo

Seat Soldier
Mar 12, 2010

DSC_0436_zpswhlmizus.jpg

mind me asking how much diffuser set you back mate? spotted one online for GBP 195, im not sure if thats a good price or not as these arent the easiest bits to come by and there are ZERO in my country

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
mind me asking how much diffuser set you back mate? spotted one online for GBP 195, im not sure if thats a good price or not as these arent the easiest bits to come by and there are ZERO in my country

Got it at about the same price from the Stealers, you could have it priced at your nearest one just for comparison's sake. Give them this part number and they should be able to find it: 1P0071061A.

Cheers!

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
It doesn't look that bad, does it? The final outcome was better than expected, I mean, not only does it look mean, but it also sounds like heaven :thumbup:

Unfortunately, the dumbf*cks who installed it kind of messed it up the first time, however, with some extra effort they managed to do it right in the end:

LD4_zps7d6b0ad0.jpg

Thanks a lot for your inputs, everyone, they all were useful. :D

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Some painting job had to be done on the diffuser, of course:

DSC_P2_zps1f7ffef8.jpg

Did you spray that with a rattle can? Looks like a fairly decent finish.
I have a diffuser which is currently semi-gloss, but fancy the gloss look, not sure whether to attempt a DIY spray or not. :D

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
Did u go for res or non res system

Non-res it is, mate. Unbelievable quiet at low rpms with an exquisite low freq tone, and super furious at high rpms and full throttle :drool:

A total ricer killer solution. Absolutely recommended ;)

Did you spray that with a rattle can? Looks like a fairly decent finish.
I have a diffuser which is currently semi-gloss, but fancy the gloss look, not sure whether to attempt a DIY spray or not. :D

Didn't do it myself, mate, but the guys at the painting shop did use spray cans with special paint and primer, no big deal for them, at least. The rear valance did require some extra work, though.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Non-res it is, mate. Unbelievable quiet at low rpms with an exquisite low freq tone, and super furious at high rpms and full throttle :drool:

A total ricer killer solution. Absolutely recommended ;)

Didn't do it myself, mate, but the guys at the painting shop did use spray cans with special paint and primer, no big deal for them, at least. The rear valance did require some extra work, though.

'Ricer killer solution' :lol:

Cheers mate. I already have the diffuser bonded onto the valance, ready to plug-in and play, its just the finish im not sure about, and I might be about to go to BCS for some pipe action, so I need to decide what im doing!

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
'Ricer killer solution' :lol:

Cheers mate. I already have the diffuser bonded onto the valance, ready to plug-in and play, its just the finish im not sure about, and I might be about to go to BCS for some pipe action, so I need to decide what im doing!

Did you find any trouble matching the diffuser's screw holes with the valance's ones when you bonded them, mate? If I were you I'd have it glossed. At first, mine was painted with semi matte black (by mistake) and looked super ordinary, but when they gave it its current finish it outstanded immediately, the difference was huge! :funk:

I've never seen a BCS exhaust system in action, but they seem to be quite accepted around here. Still don't know why the hate on the Milltek ones? Mine looked pretty solid and well crafted, plus its looks and sound were beyond satisfying [B)]

Anyway, please do keep us posted with your updates.

Cheers!

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Did you find any trouble matching the diffuser's screw holes with the valance's ones when you bonded them, mate? If I were you I'd have it glossed. At first, mine was painted with semi matte black (by mistake) and looked super ordinary, but when they gave it its current finish it outstanded immediately, the difference was huge! :funk:

I've never seen a BCS exhaust system in action, but they seem to be quite accepted around here. Still don't know why the hate on the Milltek ones? Mine looked pretty solid and well crafted, plus its looks and sound were beyond satisfying [B)]

Anyway, please do keep us posted with your updates.

Cheers!

It was already done mate (thankfully!). I bought it from a guy on here who had 'downgraded' to an Audi so put his back to standard. Looking at the back of valance, there are metal studs coming through and then folded out. Not sure how it is they are secured to the diffuser section but the connection seems rock solid. Can take a photo if you want to see it?

I'm certainly not hating on Miltek, just I prefer what the BCS powervalve offers, and it is an actual fact the quality of BCS is better than Miltek, but then that's reflected in the price so you pays your money and you take your choice.

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
It was already done mate (thankfully!). I bought it from a guy on here who had 'downgraded' to an Audi so put his back to standard. Looking at the back of valance, there are metal studs coming through and then folded out. Not sure how it is they are secured to the diffuser section but the connection seems rock solid. Can take a photo if you want to see it?

I'm certainly not hating on Miltek, just I prefer what the BCS powervalve offers, and it is an actual fact the quality of BCS is better than Miltek, but then that's reflected in the price so you pays your money and you take your choice.

LOL 'downgraded to an Audi' :rofl: Nice one!

It'd be great if you could take a photo of it, mate. In my case, the guys at the shop had a hard time making those screw holes match, so it'd be of good help to see how they managed to solve that with yours.

And it's interesting you mention that about BCS and Milltek, because if that's true, it's a pity Milltek is actually more globally widespread than BCS... I mean, they don't even know BCS exists down here... :whistle:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Thats a good thing for BCS, i find as soon as things get mega popular the price goes up and quality downwards..

Will take a pic of the back of mine and post it here mate.

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
Thats a good thing for BCS, i find as soon as things get mega popular the price goes up and quality downwards..

Will take a pic of the back of mine and post it here mate.

I'm going to have to agree with you on that.

Cheers for your support, mate! :happy:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.