Cupra review

Matty.

________
Jan 7, 2008
Larkhall, Glasgow
Dont know if this link has been posted, but theres that many posts about the MK5 its not worth the search :p

http://globalmotors.net/20092010-seat-ibiza-cupra-spotted/

image_48.jpg

image_57.jpg

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
180bhp thats pants, if they put in a 2.0 tfsi engine pushing 200bhp it would be more apealing

not sure you read the article properly though... the engine that is producing the 180 BHP in that car is a twin turbo 1.4, and your going on about a 2.0 tfsi engine that produces 20bhp more :rolleyes:

i think seat have taken the 1.4 twin turbo setup because they are trying to cut emmissions. a 1.4 twin turbo means gear ratios can be longer and fuel consumption will drop if driven sensibly.

plus arnt the 1.8t's that are made after 2001 going up to around the £400-£500 mark (road tax) in a few years ?

so surely the way to go is a smaller engine ?

anywho, depending on price of the cupra, i like it and may get one

Poverty

The new 1.8T is alot cleaner than the current ones. Infact the new 2.0T produces only a bit more emissions than my 1.4!

FR to be 1.4 twincharger with 170hp
Cupra probably to be 2.0T unless VAG are indeed developing a 200hp 1.4 twincharger. Doubtful though seeing as the scirocco is coming with the 1.4 twincharger 170 and the 2.0T for 200hp.

Mat

that looks sweet

anyone else see a "smile" from the front, and then "evil eyes" on the rear lol

image_48.jpg

image_57.jpg

and

2010-seat-ibiza-cupra-3.jpg

2010-seat-ibiza-cupra-2.jpg

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I think it looks great. I'd buy one, whether its the Cupra or FR.

One thing to note is, the front bumper is a different colour, so it mightnt be the final bumper.

As I can't imagine them testing the car fully undesguised when it hasn't been officially launched.

Matty.

________
Jan 7, 2008
Larkhall, Glasgow
Yeah ment colour sorry, and yeah seen that just thought it was a weird light or something :lol:

But yeah, could be different looking to the released. Still looks good though!

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
that surely cant be an FR.. the only difference between those pics and a bog standard ibiza are the twin tailpipes and spoiler, everything else is exactly the same.

edit: the rear lights are also slightly different though im still not impressed. Cant really judge until its officially released imo.

Poverty

that surely cant be an FR.. the only difference between those pics and a bog standard ibiza are the twin tailpipes and spoiler, everything else is exactly the same.

edit: the rear lights are also slightly different though im still not impressed. Cant really judge until its officially released imo.

Thats because they dont want people to know what the FR looks like until its officially released.

vicalva

Cup Racing R - Legend
Aug 13, 2003
Madrid
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Cupra won't look like this. No way. This is far too standard, although it already looks great. I would expect something closer to the BocaNegra, i.e something like the photoshop montage by S-X-I:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161571&highlight=cupra
post #19
Now that's a looker, IMO !!!

Let's remind ourselves with the Leon Concept "Prototipo" back in 2005. The Cupra version that followed 6 months later was quite similar to the concept.
I bet the same will happen with the Ibiza Cupra. They've got to differentiate it from the standard model.:p

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Well lets hope so.

As I find the current Ibiza range all to similar.

Very little difference between the base models and the sporty models since the facelift. Well in my opinion anyway.

Can't say I've studied them very carefully, but from a glance, they all look the same to me! lol

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines

It worked on the MK4!

Release dates according to this (which might be a repost)

Seat.jpg