Seat Ibiza 2016 Reverse Switch

May 24, 2024
Hi All. Newbie here I'm afraid! so forgive me if i am asking a daft question!

My wife drives a 2016 Seat Ibiza and the reverse lights are not working, bulbs changed and fuses checked so am thinking it might be the reverse switch. The problem I am having is I cant find it!! I have searched countless times for a youtube video, and cant not find a single one for this job on this vehicle!

I have also purchased a Haynes manual which gladly tells you about if its this transmission its here, and if its that transmission its there, but if i am honest i don't know what type of transmission the car relates to so still none the wiser... so i am hoping someone on here would be able to point me in the right direction and tell me in simple terms where I will find it!! Happy I know that it is a 22mm spanner to remove, but finding it is proving a lot more challenging.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hello and welcome to this forum!

So, 90 people have read your opening post and still no answers - must be a boring subject.

I'll check my wife's 2015 VW Polo tomorrow to see if I can offer any help, just in case it makes a difference, does that car have a 5 speed or 6 speed gearbox?

A bit depressing when no one responds to your first thread opener!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Excellent, I did go out and check my wife's 2015 Polo and spotted a connector on the gearbox body opposite the starter motor - was that it? (then forgot to post an update!)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members