Cupra ST 290 no exhaust upgrade?

spikeweb

Jun 16, 2015
Pilsen, Czech Rep.
I hope you'll not be disappointed because it is really quiet.
My 280 is also very quiet. I don't like a loud car, but I like a little sporty sound.
The burps and pop's you really can't hear inside the ST. Absolutely not I'm affraid :-(
The owner of this 290 was very disappointed about this.

The exhaust from the 290 ST is identical to the 280.
The SC and 5dr are different. I've experienced this irl :-(
They sound absolutely great!

Let us know how you think about it after the testdrive.

Are you sure with that same exhaust? Its a weird that 290 is more expensive especially because new exhaust. And they build a same one? But Im fine with my...:)

alper

Feb 28, 2016
I hope you'll not be disappointed because it is really quiet.
My 280 is also very quiet. I don't like a loud car, but I like a little sporty sound.
The burps and pop's you really can't hear inside the ST. Absolutely not I'm affraid :-(
The owner of this 290 was very disappointed about this.

The exhaust from the 290 ST is identical to the 280.
The SC and 5dr are different. I've experienced this irl :-(
They sound absolutely great!

Let us know how you think about it after the testdrive.

Looking forward really. Won't be happening next week but within next month for sure. To be honest, I still like the look of the 5door more but for practical and family reasons I've steered towards the ST which despite my natural dislike for estates, find it to be one of the best looking caravans out there. However, when I think about it at night, I can't get that 5d appeal out of my head... :sleepy: Tough decisions...

Last edited:

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Same exhaust

Are you sure with that same exhaust? Its a weird that 290 is more expensive especially because new exhaust. And they build a same one? But Im fine with my...:)

The 280ST and the 290 ST both have the same exhaust. There is no middle silencer on it. Possibly what is seen in the 290 SC & 5 door is an adaption or evolution of this exhaust, which was developed for the later launch of the 280ST. It would make sense that the engineers looked for places to save weight. Possibly also why the heavier car could match/beat the 'ring time. If there is a change in sound from the 290ST over the 280ST, it has to be from the ECU. When pushed hard my 280ST will crackle/fart, but I haven't compared the note with a 290 in person.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.