Cupra ST Mk3 2018 DSG6 vs Cupra ST Mk3 2019 DSG7... help needed please!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Deleted member 103408

Good luck and if he wont do tyres how about upgraded speakers I am sure there is some room for him to help you.

Good luck.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Good luck and if he wont do tyres how about upgraded speakers I am sure there is some room for him to help you.

Good luck.
Heh I think that may be a step too far... I shall organise that myself in due course when I work out which speakers I am going to buy. :)

Also likely going to get a gunmetal grey SEAT badge too for the front which I think will go nicely with the Pirineos Grey bodywork.

s-l300.jpg

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
WOOP WOOOPPPPPP!

Well, the old adage "If you don't ask you don't get" holds forever true and I managed to get a set of winter tyres installed for free! :D

So in the end that gives me pretty much a 15% discount all things included which should go well towards avoiding the first year of depreciation. Just goes to show it is always worth making a bit of a connection with the dealer during your visits. Very happy and am now signing on the dotted lines as we speak. :)

Last edited:

Brad8988

Oct 1, 2018
WOOP WOOOPPPPPP!

Well, the old adage "If you don't ask you don't get" holds forever true and I managed to get a pair of winter tyres installed for free! :D

So in the end that gives me pretty much a 15% discount which should go well towards avoiding the first year of depreciation. Just goes to show it is always worth making a bit of a connection with the dealer during your visits. Very happy and am now signing on the dotted lines as we speak. :)

2x winter tires works out at 15% of the cars cost?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
WOOP WOOOPPPPPP!

Well, the old adage "If you don't ask you don't get" holds forever true and I managed to get a pair of winter tyres installed for free! :D

So in the end that gives me pretty much a 15% discount which should go well towards avoiding the first year of depreciation. Just goes to show it is always worth making a bit of a connection with the dealer during your visits. Very happy and am now signing on the dotted lines as we speak. :)
What are the tyres made of? Gold?? Thats £4,500 on a £30,000 car!

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
If I lived where you could travel at 160 km/h+ speeds without beady eyed cops losing their sense of humour, I'd go for the 7 spd.
But I don't so I'm happy with the lower ratio top gear.
The more I learn about the 6 speed the more I think it suits the Cupra better... the power is always on tap.

Skip to 2:00 mins on this video, the guy summarizes it nicely

Reactions: Damo H

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
I am starting to have some mild and potentially slightly paranoid regrets about buying a 2018 Cupra with DSG6... from what I have read the DSG7 is an improvement so I can't help feeling a bit bad for not having the latest tech inside a new car. :(

donoli74

Oct 13, 2018
I did not have the dsg 6 before but i can say that the dsg 7 is a dream,never manual again!
The car shifts so natural and manual using the shiftknobs is so responsive,l love it!
I am starting to have some mild and potentially slightly paranoid regrets about buying a 2018 Cupra with DSG6... from what I have read the DSG7 is an improvement so I can't help feeling a bit bad for not having the latest tech inside a new car. :(

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The DSG 6 is good, not driven the DSG 7 so can’t comment as I don’t know any different. Personally doesn’t bother me knowing that there is a 7 speed version out there that maybe better. The 6 works really well.

Plus remember the 7 comes at a cost to the other parts and performance of the car that come from the new emission regs and GPF.

Not sure why the car with the same power is now slower than before. The new 290 is slower than the old 290, and the new 300 4drive is slower than the old 300 4drive.

The only thing I’m jealous of on the new MY2019 is the central rev counter on the digital cockpit. But I’m working on that anyway.

Deleted member 103408

All I can say is you have it (6 Speed) there is always going to be something different / better on a new car.
The 6 speed is fine can handle big power and is great fun to drive in all modes so just enjoy it and wave goodbye to the 7 speed boys.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Thanks guys yeah while you are right that there is always something new round the corner, I haven't even picked up my car yet then it's really on the cusp of the gearbox improvement so I guess that just makes it more apparent. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members