Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
We don’t know much at the moment but CUPRA has given the following announcement.

CUPRA will celebrate its 4th Anniversary on 22.02.2022 by announcing its ambitious vision for the year ahead: CUPRA X 2The unconventional challenger plans to take the brand to the next level by entering a new worldA new emotional experience that challenges the current racing formats will also be unveiledCUPRA media

Tune in here for the live stream on 22.02.22 11am GMT (12pm CET) and we’ll be covering the announcements as well.

What do you think we’re going to see announced? What are you hoping for? Let’s hear in the comments below.

Continue reading...

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Would be nice to finally see a cupra 2.5tfsi 5 cylinder with 400bhp and 4x4 I don’t keep upto date with new cars at all so sorry if this car already exists. Would be nice to have a very aggressive cupra TRC style ring monster.

Reactions: TheSwede and Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Would be nice to finally see a cupra 2.5tfsi 5 cylinder with 400bhp and 4x4 I don’t keep upto date with new cars at all so sorry if this car already exists. Would be nice to have a very aggressive cupra TRC style ring monster.
There is a Formentor VZ5 with that engine and spec but CUPRA in their infinite wisdom decided we aren't deserving of such a beast in the UK in RHD despite being their second biggest market. We will end up being their third if they keep treating UK fans like second class citizens.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
I would like to think that there wil be a new premium segmented sedan car - something similar to vw arteon

Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
"Join Wayne Griffiths, CEO of CUPRA, Antonino Labate, CUPRA Director of Strategy, Business Development and Operations, and globally-recognised futurist and Chief Metaverse Officer, Cathy Hackl at 12.00 CET to find out how we’re taking the CUPRA brand to the the next level this year!

That Sucks The Office GIF

Reactions: jcbmally and Zai

Zai

Jun 20, 2018
"CUPRA says they plan to "take the brand to the next level by entering a new world" - let's hope it's not NFTs"

Well, those hopes were in vain.. NFTs and Metaverse BS.. Disappointed to say the least.

• Sad
Reactions: Syphon

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Like it or not, Web 3.0 is coming and will be here to stay.

Just like Web 1.0 and the days of usenet were for the original nerds who resisted the move to Web 2.0 as it would change the way they used the internet to interact and open it to a wider audience who didn't understand the intricacies and nuances of a "new technology", we are at the same point of resistance of moving into Web 3.0

We are in the very early days and businesses are trying to jump into the hype now, and a lot of these projects will fail because they're missing the true understanding of the technology and are in it for a quick book, which CUPRA look like they might be by pushing NFTs - as in the video they've already mentioned their potential future value - NFTs in their current format as overpriced jpegs are very much a proof of concept.
The term has been bashed because the majority of people who are even aware of what an NFT is believe them to be overpriced pixels that you can copy and paste to "own" the same image.

NFTs are just proof of ownership for a digital asset. Their current most popular use case doesn't demonstrate the technology in the best way because of how easily you can "steal" an NFT by copying the image.

I'm on the fence about CUPRA entering this game, we all know the 3 ways to be successful in business - be first, be smarter or cheat.
You can't cheat with the metaverse/web 3.0 because the whole point is that anyone can audit anything in the blockchain.
They're also not first as Lamborghini announced their NFT project recently -
Let's see if they'll be smarter

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I’m sat here in work at 3 o clock in the morning waiting for my truck to come back from service.
Thought I’d have a catch up with this thread while I’m waiting. WTF?
Never heard of NFT, Web 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 for that matter and basically don’t have a clue what’s going on anymore. :ROFLMAO:
So is there a new car coming out, a new game or what? :unsure:
The world has gone mad!!
When all this technology nonsense can be used to drive my truck then unload 45 cages of food to a supermarket so us of the human population can eat, someone let me know. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Seriously?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I’m sat here in work at 3 o clock in the morning waiting for my truck to come back from service.
Thought I’d have a catch up with this thread while I’m waiting. WTF?
Never heard of NFT, Web 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 for that matter and basically don’t have a clue what’s going on anymore. :ROFLMAO:
So is there a new car coming out, a new game or what? :unsure:
The world has gone mad!!
When all this technology nonsense can be used to drive my truck then unload 45 cages of food to a supermarket so us of the human population can eat, someone let me know. (y)
I kinda get it, but I increasing feel like an old fossil getting left behind with all this stuff. My thought (perhaps a tad unkind) was "Listen Wayne, me old mukka, maybe Cupra /SEAT should be concentrating on making the current tech you've got in your motors work properly before fartarsing around with this virtual universe thingy?"
But then I'm the guy who has a problem opening the childproof catches on the box of Ariel Washpods :roflmao:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.