Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
In 2025, CUPRA will bring the UrbanRebel – its Urban Electric Car – to the market.

The front-wheel drive Urban Electric Car uses the Volkswagen Group’s MEB Small platform

CUPRA UrbanRebel

“The CUPRA UrbanRebel will be the biggest project for our company in the upcoming years, since it is key for our transformation as a fully electric brand. We are leading the cluster development, the family of vehicles that will democratise sustainable urban mobility, for different brands within the Volkswagen Group” Werner Tietz, Vice-President for Research & Development at CUPRA.

[url="https://www.seatcupra.net/2022/06/07/cupra-unveils-the-urbanrebel-its-all-electric-urban-car/"]Continue reading...

Last edited:

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Which bits aren't you a fan of?
I think by looking at it the wheels are just massive for the size of the car. However this seems a route most cars are going. I guess it is going to be like a Mii sized car with like 20" wheels or something

Looks like a roller skate

Reactions: Syphon

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
I think by looking at it the wheels are just massive for the size of the car. However this seems a route most cars are going. I guess it is going to be like a Mii sized car with like 20" wheels or something

Looks like a roller skate

I'm getting more Yaris GR vibes. Think it's going to maybe be that sort of size instead of Mii.

This is placing Cupra right at the forefront in my opinion, a small electric car with performance unlike its mild counterparts (Renault Zoe, Fiat 500e etc)

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I really like it. I’ll probably be in the market for a small EV in 2025 when it’s due to launch, so I’ll certainly consider it. IMHO, it’s certainly a better, sharper looking car than VW’s ID Life small EV concept car.

In terms of size; Auto Express quote the dimensions for the current iteration of the Urban Rebel concept car as 4,036 mm long, a wheelbase of 2,600 mm and 1,975 mm wide - for comparison purposes, the current Ibiza (Carwow figures) is 4,059 mm long, wheelbase of 2,564 mm and 1,780 mm wide.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘oversized’ wheels don’t make it into production - quite a few concepts have wheels that are larger than those on the final production-ready version of the car.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
A decent video by Thomas at Autogefühl, which also spends time focusing on the interior design. I wonder if the production car will get the handle-less doors?

IMHO the Urban Rebel certainly looks better than VW’s equivalent - the ID.2. I don‘t think VW have showcased a near production-ready version of the ID.2 yet.

B18DEA06-3A17-46DA-9019-37D460D6DF2A.jpeg

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
It looks good, better than the Born imo. I mean I'm not a big fan of crossover styling but the UR is growing on me.

Tech going into it is interesting. Range is... adequate, performance is alright. Cupra sticking with the touch controls and then upping the game with the gamer steering wheel makes me cringe tho.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
A few YT videos over the last few days, quick look around the concept and then a lap in the race car version

The car looks incredible both the road and race version.

The major thing I took from the video though was the backlighting of the temperature controls under the multimedia screen.

This is sadly lacking in the current Leon and perhaps they have listened to feedback regarding this.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.