Cupra water pump

tomosllyr

Jun 7, 2021
Not a question about water pump failure for a change!

I'm certain I've read somewhere that the water pump should be done at 5 years. However I can't remember where, and can't see a mention of this in the service book. I've spoken to an independent garage for a quote, and they've said it doesn't need to be done unless failing.

Can anyone clarify? Also trying to speak to my local dealer. I have an extended warranty on the car so don't want to miss anything.

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Not a question about water pump failure for a change!

I'm certain I've read somewhere that the water pump should be done at 5 years. However I can't remember where, and can't see a mention of this in the service book. I've spoken to an independent garage for a quote, and they've said it doesn't need to be done unless failing.

Can anyone clarify? Also trying to speak to my local dealer. I have an extended warranty on the car so don't want to miss anything.
Doesnt need doing unless its faulty there is no service schedule for water pump.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I'm certain I've read somewhere that the water pump should be done at 5 years
Would you be thinking about cambelt change?, the "conventional wisdom" with a lot of engines being that it makes sense to do the water pump at the same time.

tomosllyr

Jun 7, 2021
Would you be thinking about cambelt change?, the "conventional wisdom" with a lot of engines being that it makes sense to do the water pump at the same time.

Yeah this is probably it, even though I do know they're chain driven

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.