Current recommendations for stereo upgrade?

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Hi

I have a 2007 Leon Stylance with the Convenience Pack and factory Bluetooth, so it has the multi-function steering wheel with phone controls and the better in-dash multi-function display. I bought the car new, but it's been our second car for several years, so I've never seriously looked at upgrading the stereo from the factory unit. My Mrs and I have decided that we're going to keep it for a while longer, but we want to add a stereo with SatNav, DAB and Android integration (we have Android phones).

I've searched and seen a bunch of posts here over the last few years, but technology moves on quickly, so what are the current best value options that will allow me to retain the existing functions on the steering wheel, including the phone buttons, and that will display info on the MFD in the dash?

And what ancilliaries will I need to make it all work? (GPS antennal, DAB-compatible antenna, CANBUS adaptor etc?) Will I need to get VAG-COM (or whatever it's called nowerdays) to program the car to recognise the new head unit?

Thanks

Andy

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You're unlikely to get an aftermarket stereo that lets you retain all the steering buttons and works with the MFD.
You'll most likely get some of the buttons and do without the MFD.

The technology moves on, but it's unlikely they will bother to build in compatibility with older cars.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.