Cycle Rack

Anderoo

Well after finding out a can't attach a cycle rack to my car it might have to go on the girl friends new Cupra (which we don't have yet).

Has anybody fitted a rear rack to the Ibiza and if so what is recommended? Or does it have the same problem I am having and that is the rear spolier?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
I had this problem,only way round it is to go for roof bars or a towbar.I went for towbwr from PCT Automotive in Sheffield.Fits really neat & tidy and then bought a Thule bike rack off Ebay.
I prefer this as the bikes never contact the car.Didn't like the idea of carrying mountain bikes on the roof.

Triple D

Here's my easy solution, take the front and rear wheels off, take the seat off and stick it in the boot. Easy peasy, well thats what i do with mine anyway ;)

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
I used to do that but got fed up with dismantling the bike and putting seats down etc,and having to be carefull about scratching interior and mud etc.Now i can carry three bikes.

Chri5B

Scraping my undertray...
Oct 7, 2002
Staffs
www.cxi.org.uk
Even with one bike, I got fed up of wheels off, saddle out etc to put the bike inside. I went down the towbar + rack path and it's worth the money if you cycle often.

Anderoo

Thanks for the replies guys. Even after only a few weeks, removing wheels and seats is a major pain I would like to avoid.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.