D p f

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Not sure I'm barking up the wrong tree but here goes, I noticed that the cooling fan was staying on lately when I parked up.I do the same run in the same weather and like I say the fan would stay on,then yesterday the D P F light came on .I gave it a blast up the motorway to put it out ,parked up at home and the fan shut off even though I gave it a good run.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Don't think it's the air con with the amount of hum ,I just come back from another run with the air con on and their was no fans running when I parked up.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
I think it's a early warning sign that you need to do a regenerate soon before the light comes on in the next day or so.I did a clean on Friday night and been out all weekend on short and long trips and the fan has not stayed on.

vantastic84

Sep 8, 2014
www.facebook.com
Yeah my leon does exactly the same before regen next time it does it you could do what I do and leave it running on the drive and it'll regen there!

Off topic but still on dpfs what diesel do you run yours on? Ie supermarket or garage?

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
I have used supermarket diesel in all my cars for years and had any issues,I thought you had to rev the car to 2,500 without dropping below for 15 mins so I have not heard about running on tick over? .I timed my clean and at 2.500 rev it took 8 mins for the light to go out.

vantastic84

Sep 8, 2014
www.facebook.com
for instance in vcds around 20 minutes approx whith live data of the soot levels and get them down as much as you can
Can you tho as my exhaust pressure sensor failed and after fitting a new one I needed to force a regen via vcds but vcds says you have to enter the code in the little box displayed but there isnt a code? Code was displayes on brothers audi 2.0 tdi 140 but not on mine and my friends 2.0tdi 170 golf!

I always run mine on shell nitro diesel and I do a variety of driving short and long trips and have no issues with my dpf... but I put 10 of sainsbury's diesel in (work the next morning) and had dpf light pop on the next day!

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Topgear or 5th gear did a road test on these 10p more a lt fuels and found its was not worth the extra.Don't forget these cars are sold all around the world so they have to do the best of what they get that's why mapping started because over here the fuel is top grade so the company's that do mapping can cut some corners.

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
I just saw DPF light mentioned here - what is that light?

The reason I ask, is that I have never seen it on, not even when DPF regen is active.

Should it be shown when dpf regen is active or only if issues are detected?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I just saw DPF light mentioned here - what is that light?

The reason I ask, is that I have never seen it on, not even when DPF regen is active.

Should it be shown when dpf regen is active or only if issues are detected?

DPF light looks like a little exhaust box in orange on the dash.

It only comes on if you don't let the regen finish a few times and the DPF filter gets blocked over a set percentage.

The official way to clear the dpf properly is to do a steady speed ( over 40mph ) with revs between 2000 and 2500.
The above driving conditions allow the ecu to alter the fueling so the exhaust gas is as hot as possible to burn off the soot in the DPF

The fans running flat out after you switch off are a sign that you have just interrupted a regen.

Engine idle raised to 1000rpm or slightly above when stationary is a sign that a DPF regen is in progress.

One of these days the clowns will put a light on the dash to tell you a regen is happening so you could alter your route and let it finish.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
"One of these days the clowns will put a light on the dash to tell you a regen is happening so you could alter your route and let it finish".I agree Deano ,there is a official VW clip on utube showing the light and how to put it out Havsgaard.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
If you drive on the motorway for 15 mins or so ever so often you should not see it ,I do a lot of short trips so I need to give it a regenerate.It's no big deal I live near the motorway and it gives me a excuse to give it a blast.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.