Damo’s Carbon Edition

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So this is my build thread on my Seat Leon ST Cupra 300 DSG 4Drive ‘Carbon Edition’.

So if you have not fallen asleep reading the full name of the car, as I nearly did writing it, then well done...

So although I absolutely loved my 280 ST, it was always missing the 2 options ticked on the list that I actually wanted. Bucket Seats and the Brembos with the Sub8/Performance Pack.

So as the Sub8/Performance Pack was no longer available in the UK for the facelift, the only way to get it was going to be a Carbon Edition. However 36k for a car that in the UK literally has no other options above a standard 300 than the buckets, brakes and then unique carbon bits, I was never going to pay that.

Long story short I jumped ahead and managed to secure myself one with a significant discount on the proviso it would be used for 3 months and have done no more than 3,000 miles by the time I collect it. This was all before even the dealer had registered it!

As part of securing the car I managed to help @paddy6789 into a Cupra R 310 too.

Not sure what happened but my delivery date jumped from early December 18 to the end of October 18 and here it is on collection day...
0001 Collection Day.jpeg 0002 Collection Day.jpeg 0003 Collection Day.jpeg 0004 Collection Day.jpeg 0005 Collection Day.jpeg 0006 Collection Day.jpeg

It was clear that the 4Drive lacked something the FWD 280 had. A big culprit was the tyres.

So less than 2 weeks owning the car and it was already booked in for its first proper (non VCDS) mod. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres...

0007 Mod 1 - Tyres.jpg

The next mod was one I had been planing shortly before owning the car. With an Ibiza Bocanegra badge, masking tape and a ruler I created my own CARBON badge for the boot to replace the Chrome Cupra...

0008 Mod 2 - Carbon Badge.jpeg

Next it was time for a facebook bargain, some Carbon Fibre DSG paddles...

0009 Mod 3 - Carbon DSG Paddles.jpg

So another mod I'd planned was to black out the fog lights, and get the grills around the fogs painted black. However I managed to source some Cupra R intakes. Had to get rid of the copper. I was planning on going full ST R (before I knew the ST R was actually going to be brought to the UK), but as I couldn't find a vinyl wrap for side stripes to match the copper, plus the wheels would never be copper, decided to get the copper painted black instead...

0012 Mod 4 - Intakes.jpeg

It looked good, but at the time it felt like just too much black on the front, it needed the copper bits in something contrasting to break it up a bit. So I spent a LOT of time on Photoshop revising what my side stripes would look like with a different colour to black...

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So after countless ideas and agonising over what colour. Matt Silver was chosen and this is the car after 2 days sat being wrapped.

0018 Mod 5 - Wrap Part 2.jpeg

Sadly not 100% finished. The rear S badge still isn't wrapped and after its first wash, the silver pin stripe was torn and the black started to bubble up. So the car is having the stripes re done on the 29th December, just need to consider a more robust design than the pin stripe.

Also due to the angle of doors at the bottom pointing down and the inserts on the front pointing up, the matt silver do look a different colour.

So just trying to decide what design to go with on the stripe going forward...

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
Damo I take my hat off to you. The subtle changes you have made really do make a big difference and the car looks awesome. Where on earth did you source those Cupra R fog intakes from though???? I need those in my life!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Damo I take my hat off to you. The subtle changes you have made really do make a big difference and the car looks awesome. Where on earth did you source those Cupra R fog intakes from though???? I need those in my life!
Yeah shame the silver on the side stripes has to go :(

Currently at the wrappers, all the side stripes have been taken off. Black is going back on. May have something extra to make up for it though :)

As for the intakes. I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you lol

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Well had the stripes re done last Sunday. Sadly the rear S boot badge still needs doing :(

Had a cheeky Res Delete at VAG Manchester on Thursday. Made a huge difference to the sound. Jury is still out on the drone on the motorway at my usual cruising speed, however Cupra mode makes all the suitable noises! :D

However the additional decals are all complete and I’ve even got myself new home made SCN and baby on board stickers.

So say hello to my R Carbon 300 :D

7BDBB5E1-C2A1-4ABB-8FCB-6B1782740B35.jpeg

828D136C-3232-4D88-A7FB-A2B02ADB6169.jpeg

18D04756-F35E-445D-94F1-503B5132F1DB.jpeg

4F21DB8F-5C51-4138-981F-6FEC178098D5.jpeg

A667F710-1921-4357-8D41-095814CCC481.jpeg

4442854B-293A-4D52-B04C-A26AA2DE5C58.jpeg

3CE2F39A-CC20-4DC7-9466-F6889D2DC049.jpeg

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Build update.

Redid the stig on board badge as it was a bit in your face. Now it’s a bit to obscure so hopefully 3rd time is a charm.

Fitted a strut brace. Honestly think the car now handles better than my old 280 now, so I’m made up.

Also fitted a Plastidip sprayed flag badge on the front. Looks good from a distance and suits the car, so just need a proper one now that is a better finish....
0F694B6B-A2B6-4642-A140-FB5C588B14AB.jpeg

Also ordered a rear S boot badge in black from RB styling, should hopefully arrive in the next few days.

Lastly visited BCS yesterday to discuss a full exhaust system in the future. Sadly they won’t be doing one for the 4drive so it’s back to the drawing board there. However VAG Manchester have something else in the works hopefully :)

So future plans.

Exhaust?
Lowering springs - modest drop mind.
Stage 1 or ABT 370 Box.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLuckys

Szuron

Dec 25, 2018
Build update.

Redid the stig on board badge as it was a bit in your face. Now it’s a bit to obscure so hopefully 3rd time is a charm.

Fitted a strut brace. Honestly think the car now handles better than my old 280 now, so I’m made up.

Also fitted a Plastidip sprayed flag badge on the front. Looks good from a distance and suits the car, so just need a proper one now that is a better finish....
View attachment 4011

Also ordered a rear S boot badge in black from RB styling, should hopefully arrive in the next few days.

Lastly visited BCS yesterday to discuss a full exhaust system in the future. Sadly they won’t be doing one for the 4drive so it’s back to the drawing board there. However VAG Manchester have something else in the works hopefully :)

So future plans.

Exhaust?
Lowering springs - modest drop mind.
Stage 1 or ABT 370 Box.

If your have warranty go for ABT :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Deleted member 103408

Just for my info in the uk if you have abt box are you still not braking warrenty. i know you can take it off.

DS814

Apr 8, 2018
Boot badge done today, only clean bit on the car...
View attachment 4062
Looking good Damo.

I take it that's the RB styling full replacement rear opener....in matt black?
If so was it easy to fit?
I need to change my copper badges..hate them. May try wrapping as cheaper but not sure it will last on small badges.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looking good Damo.

I take it that's the RB styling full replacement rear opener....in matt black?
If so was it easy to fit?
I need to change my copper badges..hate them. May try wrapping as cheaper but not sure it will last on small badges.
Gloss black on the rear.

Front is easy to wrap if you remove the 2 parts. Rear is a PITA.

If you want a chrome front flag I have one I’d happily swap for your black flag ;)

Reactions: DS814

Szuron

Dec 25, 2018
ABT price list, mabye it will help you with anything :)

Attachments

• ABT_Seat_Leon_5F0_Limousine_11-2012_582.pdf
    729.8 KB · Views: 330

Szuron

Dec 25, 2018
Just for my info in the uk if you have abt box are you still not braking warrenty. i know you can take it off.

From ABT website:

"ABT Sportsline offers the best warranty solution on the market with 2 years warranty up to 100.000 km from the date of the first registration. The warranty is included and will be offered in following countries: Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Italy and Poland."