dampness & condensation when parked overnight

petermc47

Hi All I,m a new bloke on here. Joined because I hope you experts could help me overcome a problem of dampness and condensation when my Leon is parked outside overight. Windows wet inside and after a day or 2 the seats & cloth trim get mould growing. Simple solution? Look forward to any advice, Thanks

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Checked your carpets? if there soaking wet then your door seals leak or your pollen filter housing isnt sitting correctly in the scuttle panel or you have a hole in the bulkhead that needs sealing.

Do a search there is loads of info on here about this. covered millions of times

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Sunds like you got something a little worse than mine, but when i bought mine in Nov, first thing i noticed was this consdensation every morning. Didn't get to the mouldy point i must admit, but couldn't drive anywhere for a while, until cleared. I thought damp, but all carpets were dry. Basically to solve it, before you lock car up, or before i lock the car up for the night, I just make sure all air vents are closed, and i put a dusting cloth over the vent on top of the dash. Solves my problem. Dry as a bone in the morning. Worth a try. You get used to the routine very soon.

Goose1

Hi, try this page it should tell you all you need to know................

seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44216

Just add www to the beginning

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise