Dan's Mk3 Ibiza 1.4

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm new to the vag scene and have just bought my second car, a mk3 Ibiza 1.4 Chill :p my current car is a mk5 fiesta. "Hurry up and drive the Ibiza" I hear you say? Well the problem is...it's broken :(

However, I will be sorting that hopefully this weekend.

So whats wrong with it?
The main issue, the dreaded diff bearing has worn, making the gearbox very very noisy
The clutch is very worn, and release bearing noisy
The A/C and radio display does not light up. I have already traced this to a faulty "silver box" that needs replacing (anyone got one ;) )
The exhaust is knocking on pulling away (think some adjustment with a hammer is necessary lol)
The roof lining has de-bonded, making it rattle over bumps/when shutting doors
The drivers door lock is pretty FUBARD so I need to replace my second key with a remote also so that it can be used
Had awful fake carbon fibre M3 mirrors on when I bought it, so I replaced the passenger side but still need to source a drivers side mirror

Generally though, the car is pretty tidy, and should be driving soon, because I am replacing the gearbox and clutch hopefully this weekend.

Sorry no pics ATM, I'll take some tomorrow so stay tuned for updates :p

Cheers for reading, Dan.

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Okay, so I fitted a new 'box, which went well... For 3 days :( i didnt check the oil level in the new 'box and ran it dry until it siezed :'( so i had to put another one in (after checking the oil level!!) i have also replaced both mirrors now, and am in the process of replacing the seats with golf mk3 seats (fronts done, cutting up the frames for the rears to fit) which should be finished in the next week or so (pics when complete:) )

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
So the new box is going well! Replaced stereo now and all working so very happy about that! I finally have the mk3 golf seats all fitted and looking shweet :p also, my latest mod - mk4 golf gear knob! Looks so much nicer than standard!

Anyway, a few pics of the car:

Sorry for potato quality!

Mk4 knob ;)

Will get pics of seats tomorrow.

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Update time!

The Ibiza has received a beating with the lowering stick!
JJcS3AT.jpg

(Reverse rake :D think the springs were off a cupra so the 1.4 doesnt compress them enough)

The mk3 seats
KIocPzK.jpg

7z31gel.jpg

And bought Jordanmk3's rear spacers and got them fitted
jVFMAuZ.jpg

Check that booty :3

Thats all for now, cheers, Dan.

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Thought you would like the colour :p ive also fixed the rattly roof liner and the exhaust knock too!
I have a few more plans for this car, like 256mm front brakes, new alloys, and ive got a front lower strut brace to fit. Also i found some twin bulb headlights at the scrappers to replace the crappy output h4 headlights.

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Well, I've not updated this in a while. Broke it. Gearbox died again so it's sitting unloved outside my house :/ will be up for sale soon :(

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Well, I couldn't sell it, didn't have the heart to. I'm back in it, its got coilovers on, got a new set of wheels to fit once they're refurbished, and a severely knackered gearbox. I'm on the hunt for another decent one then were back in business!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.