Dash warning light flicker

Snoopy

Apr 24, 2002
Durham, England.
I am guessing this is the LED failing :(

This is the self test as you turn on the ignition.
Does the same if you engage the handbrake.
Its intermittent. 7/10 times it lights up fully and as normal. Other times it flickers as shown in my video below.

Tried unplugging the handbrake switch and the brake fluid level indicator and it still does it.
VCDS does not indicate any faults.
Therefore ive ruled out the brake fuild level sensor and handbrake switch.
I guess its the LED in the instruments slowly failing, which looks from old threads a pain of full dismantle to fix.
UNLESS anyone else has any other thoughts on what could be causing it? :givein::cheers:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I am guessing this is the LED failing :(

This is the self test as you turn on the ignition.
Does the same if you engage the handbrake.
Its intermittent. 7/10 times it lights up fully and as normal. Other times it flickers as shown in my video below.

Tried unplugging the handbrake switch and the brake fluid level indicator and it still does it.
VCDS does not indicate any faults.
Therefore ive ruled out the brake fuild level sensor and handbrake switch.
I guess its the LED in the instruments slowly failing, which looks from old threads a pain of full dismantle to fix.
UNLESS anyone else has any other thoughts on what could be causing it? :givein::cheers:
Hi does your mk1 Leon have pad sensors? Or did it have pad sensors that someone’s bypassed? As that might be worth taking the wheels off to check as it could be a sensor wiring issue from a worn cable maybe. From what I remember I think it’s only the front pads that had a sensors in these but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Snoopy

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
I had this with my headlights (not full beam) LED on cluster. It was intermittent and would flicker the same. I had no fault with lights & the only assumption I could make was that damp was affecting it as it only happened on winter mornings. Oddly no other lights affected in cluster, and everything worked fine. Maybe guage when it happens/conditions.

Reactions: Snoopy

Snoopy

Apr 24, 2002
Durham, England.
I'll take a look at the pad sensor tomorrow.

Im beginning to think its a solder joint or or failing LED issue. Its worse when its warm outside.

Can anyone confirm before I strip the instrument panel down that
The LED is a PLCC2 3528 Red ?

As it makes sense to get some before I pull it all tobit.

Thanks.

Reactions: BadBoy03
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise