David Cook Motors, Oldham

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just had to say what excellent service i received just recently from David Cook Motors, in Oldham.

My car has had an really annoying fault since last year of the Electronic Stability Program fouling up and illuminating its light permanently.

After losing my dealer last year due to questionable decisions at SEAT, i was left adrift with no local dealer to call my own, what made it more annoying was SEAT never informed me of any change, as far as i was aware Erskine & Calderbank, Stockport were still my SEAT dealer.

NO LETTER, NO NOTHING. :(

I took the car to Bells SEAT, in Hyde only 5 mins from my House, but being primarily a Rover dealer, with a SEAT 2nd franchise, i was displeased to say the least with the service and help i received. It took them weeks of in and out trips with the car, to get it fixed, well if they actually managed to fix it that is, as early this year the fault reappeared. :(

Decided to take it to David Cook Motors, as i felt the car was becoming unsafe, braking point was reducing, and strange things seemed to be happening on the motorway at speed.

The service manager i knew, as he previously had worked for Erskines, so i was put at ease straight away. Well rather than in out fault diagnosis, Cooks, decided they wanted to keep the car, to finally get to the bottom of the fault, which i was all to pleased to allow them to do.

Well after 4 days, i now have my car back, fixed, the poor lad slaved over it for 4 days to get it rewired and reset, and its now back to old self again, and i couldn't be more happier.

If your in the area and need a service, or looking for a new car, i'd recomend them to anyone.

Seems the dealers that dedicate themselves to one type of manufacturer, and family owned businesses as Cooks is, seem to understand the virtues of customer service a lot more than some of the dual franchise groups in my opinion.

Bit worrying when all the mechanics are walking around in Rover overalls, when your car is a SEAT.

Anyway jobs a good un, thansk again to David Cook Motors.

CupraSi

Well said Mark and I'll be that you are slightly pleased to have the car sorted ouy arnt u!

Always good to read something posative!

Si

hydebear

Bear By Inclination
Jun 4, 2003
Hyde, Cheshire
Visit site
Great news about a decent local dealer

I live about a gnat's gonad from Bells and would be very reluctant to go there for servicing ever again

So far I've used 3 dealers:

Bells 2/10
Lookers (Old Trafford) 4/10
Arnold Clarke (Liverpool) 4/10

Its a pretty dismal state of affairs so I'll be glad to look at the dealer in Oldham...thanks for the recommendation

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Been a while since ive been to David Cooks, HBear. An old staff member of Erskine & Calderbank, my old SEAT dealer who were de-franchised by SEAT, used to work there who in my opinion were the best dealer in the area. Though he left David Cooks a few months after i posted my recommendation.

I contacted David Cooks in April to order my Platinum R, they didn't get back to me, which dissapointed me a lot, especially after id phoned several times.

I tried dealing with Bells too, but frankly they didn't want to deal, and instead thought they could rip me off, though funnily its the second time they've tried to rip me off when buying a new car, and both times they've missed out on a sale. Sad cause they could of got a lot of good PR from it dont you think?

I've had a service done at Bells it was ok but i always get the impression its too much trouble for them to be friendly.

Give David Cooks a try though, they sorted out my ESP fault on my old Leon great where as Bells took over a month and still didnt fix it.

AS i say it may have been down to the fact i was dealing with the old Erskines service manager, who was very good, he sadly left so im not sure what they are like now, but being a small family owned place they are usually good places to deal with, see how you get on.

As i say from the date of my originakl post, im not so sure now, i will be trying them out myself come service time, plus i have a few niggles on the R i want sorting.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.