Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
6b2d2849b2b2380cc9e29d594826d9b3.jpg

Mine debadged on the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you do it yourself?

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Yeah. Heat gun / hair drier with floss. Started flat at a corner. Not lifting to hard. Then auto finesse glaze and polish. No marks what so ever. Proper easy and quick mod
2148b107aeb48c95ebd4d0363d003680.jpg

Cheers, looks good

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
The problem is that on Cupra's the large giveaways is not necesarily the badge, these are tiny by comparison. Many a times from far, I would think the Cupra is just an FR, compared to the most obvious 2 give aways, 19 inch rims, red brake calipers and dual split tail exhaust. Granted, the dual split exhaust, you could always make it matt grey/black. For true stealth, you would need to debadge, de-flag, plus get smaller rims, or perhaps just spray the rims gloss black.

This is just my opinion of course, but the first thing I distinguise between a Cupra and FR is not the badge or 'cupra' flag, but it's the large rims + dual oval shaped exhaust.

Reactions: Keri Stacey

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
The problem is that on Cupra's the large giveaways is not necesarily the badge, these are tiny by comparison. Many a times from far, I would think the Cupra is just an FR, compared to the most obvious 2 give aways, 19 inch rims, red brake calipers and dual split tail exhaust. Granted, the dual split exhaust, you could always make it matt grey/black. For true stealth, you would need to debadge, de-flag, plus get smaller rims, or perhaps just spray the rims gloss black.

This is just my opinion of course, but the first thing I distinguise between a Cupra and FR is not the badge or 'cupra' flag, but it's the large rims + dual oval shaped exhaust.
Cheers, yeh I appreciate what you've put. When they took mine they drove passed in the night so in the hope that its just a quick glance then it not having the Cupra badge or coloured Seat badge may help. I'm having posts fitted to the driveway to add to the security. Have even considered putting an FR badge on the grill

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Cheers, yeh I appreciate what you've put. When they took mine they drove passed in the night so in the hope that its just a quick glance then it not having the Cupra badge or coloured Seat badge may help. I'm having posts fitted to the driveway to add to the security. Have even considered putting an FR badge on the grill
I think if you have good deterrents they are u likely to choose you,Ghost,cameras,alarm,posts,garage,security lights all will deter and if they really want it like others have said they will do what it takes

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Scumbags want an easy quick steal. Anything you can do to deter this will help. Posts on the drive will help as will security lighting and camera’s.

Taking extra time whilst lit up and on camera is a deterrent. Make it shown that you have these and I’d think you’re likely to be left alone.

As for the CUPRA, rebadging will help as will getting smaller wheels. However you will be ending up with a car that you didn’t actually buy. It will be made to look un-CUPRA and drive un-CUPRA.

I think what you’ve got planned (and done) to your property to deter scumbags is the best idea.

As for the CUPRA go for debadging only (and maybe Black exhaust tips). The brake callipers on the new CUPRA are Black so no need to alter those.

Good luck with what you decide to do

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Scumbags want an easy quick steal. Anything you can do to deter this will help. Posts on the drive will help as will security lighting and camera’s.

Taking extra time whilst lit up and on camera is a deterrent. Make it shown that you have these and I’d think you’re likely to be left alone.

As for the CUPRA, rebadging will help as will getting smaller wheels. However you will be ending up with a car that you didn’t actually buy. It will be made to look un-CUPRA and drive un-CUPRA.

I think what you’ve got planned (and done) to your property to deter scumbags is the best idea.

As for the CUPRA go for debadging only (and maybe Black exhaust tips). The brake callipers on the new CUPRA are Black so no need to alter those.

Good luck with what you decide to do

Cheers, the rear of the car and wheels are hard to see without walking round it because of where it's parked. We've got cameras with alarms now and going to fit a security system called Ajax which amongst other things can create a curtain around the house. Will probably look at debadging and wrapping the copper seat badges them the car will still drive the same not bothered about having no badges to show what it is, thanks

Reactions: Maypack

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
@Keri Stacey iirc yours was mystery blue?

i know it not the 1st thing that usually pops up when picking a car but mystery blue does seem to be the most common colour for a cupra (and standard leon's) so is the easiest to get cloned plates for, most stolen cupra's I've seen listed on here and on fb have been mystery blue.

also if possible could you park it so only the front is visible from the street, as others have said the even if you remove the cupra badge, the oval exhausts are still a big giveaway

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
@Keri Stacey iirc yours was mystery blue?

i know it not the 1st thing that usually pops up when picking a car but mystery blue does seem to be the most common colour for a cupra (and standard leon's) so is the easiest to get cloned plates for, most stolen cupra's I've seen listed on here and on fb have been mystery blue.

also if possible could you park it so only the front is visible from the street, as others have said the even if you remove the cupra badge, the oval exhausts are still a big giveaway
Yes it was mystery but the colour is no longer available on a new build now from Seat so it would have to be another colour.

It is parked with only the front visible, it's reversed up to the drive against a wall.

You are right though most of them including the FR seem to be that colour cause quite frankly the rest are poor

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members