Deal Negotiator issue!

ciaran11

Having bought a new black Leon FR Tdi with bluetooth & 18" alloys I was told last week that I could collect the car on the 13th March - tomorrow!!!! Totally can't wait....
HOWEVER.... They are now saying they can't give me the car because I don't have the ORIGINAL insurance document - impossible as I only sorted that today!!
Anyone had similar probs or know a way around it?? I want my new car!!!!!![:@]

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
I think it's because they need proof of insurance for taxing the car. I sent mine off to them about a week before the car was ready . . . they should have given you your reg plate a while ago so that you could send it over in time.

ciaran11

Oh hi Stuart.... I was hoping you were gonna come on and tell me you didn't need that and they are talking out of their ar$e!!
May have found a way round the problem tho - apparently Direct Line have an office in Croydon where I can collect the certificate from!!! Result!! As long as Matthew at DN will allow that!! Annoyed they never told me abut this before though! Still- got a cracking deal from them so not all bad - insurance for £414 too - not bad me thinks!

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
To be fair I've always found direct line to be pretty damned quick with paperwork, but then again, if you want it the next day then collecting in person is definitely the way forward!!!

Hope all goes well for you, I had no problems with the deal negotiator at all (picked my car up from there 9 days ago). I'd also consider having a word with Jason Stoner from the Seat / Alfa dealership there about fixed price maintenance packages - they're well worth it (well, the servicing ONLY one anyway).

Chuckie

I Have It
Apr 22, 2006
South Lincolnshire
They def will need the original insurance for the road tax. When they told me the reg I got a note from Matt telling me that they needed the original Insurance cert or cover note the day before I picked up the car.

Also got a great deal from the TDN (even 1/4 tank of petrol)

Enjoy

Chris

Chuckie

I Have It
Apr 22, 2006
South Lincolnshire
According to my mother (one of the happy women who are trained to sit behind the glass and look miserable ) the Post Office require the original of all document.

Saying that we have managed to Tax two cars at work with colour pdf printouts.

almost as consistant as Seat!!

Ch

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
the will use a system called avral and to tax a car you need an isurance certificate the same as you would at a post office it is a legal requirement however some insurance companies who are registered with avral can send an insurance certificate electronically direct to the dealer in question, also if you are collecting from a dealer they should have complimentry 7 day insurance.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise