Dealer ordering system - Grr!

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
Fun and games getting a coil for an AGG Cupra sport!
Euro found me one, dealer initially told me less money, but then with my chassis number told me i haven't got one! I can see it! They called euro, who assured them i haven't got one and it's leads with packs.
Is this usual for Mk 2's, or am i just unlucky on the crossover?

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
Euro cr@prts have one for me at £36+tax, which is about the same. Dealer was talking about 32ish until they realised they couldn't find one on my car.

I've given up on GSF tbh, I hate the website organisation which doesn't seem to have changed since 2004 and I thought it was clunky then, and the closest one to me is over 50 miles away. Whenever I bought pug bits from them when I lived in Huddersfield they always seemed to get mysteriously more expensive between catalogue or website and printer behind counter too... Having said that, they were ok for bits of dub bus (T2 bay)... but there are cheaper and more reliable places for them too...

All of which is a bit O/T though... what I was meaning to ask was, does anyone else with a late Mk2 (mine's 99 V, AGG lump) find the dealer part computer thinks their car has different bits on it to what is actually there? Particularly annoyed since I spent my lunch break running across town to pop the bonnet for the chassis number!

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
Cheese!

If I can make see the number without taking the old coil off I'll let you know tomorrow, otherwise it'll be Sunday... ^_^

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Dealers are pretty useless.

Took 5 attempts to get the right rocker seal then on second attempt to get a breather pipe, all with part numbers.

Apparantly parts are in bins so it's pot luck if the dealer gets the right part from the warehouse :shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.