Decat Downpipe performace

sportsilva

Mar 2, 2016
Oxford
Hello.

I got mt decat downpipe yesterday...but before i get myself under the car i only wanna know something...will i lose any "power"?

Best wishes
Silva.

as92lv

Mar 17, 2014
Hello.

I got mt decat downpipe yesterday...but before i get myself under the car i only wanna know something...will i lose any "power"?

Best wishes
Silva.
No, I even felt increase in bhp

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Priz91

Realist
Jun 24, 2013
Loughborough
What decat did you go for?

Its supposed to increase bhp not decrease, but to get the very best out of a decat i assumed you needed a remap

as92lv

Mar 17, 2014
Even without remap it felt like turbo spools faster.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

sportsilva

Mar 2, 2016
Oxford
mine is a 1.8t 180 cupra...

fun fact....decat was done i was happy about it, but while leaving the garage my gearbox broke down :(
so all i can say for now is...decat is bad for your gearbox (LOLOLOLOL)

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Decat has nothing to do with ur gearbox so something has been touched in the garage, my car never goes in a garage and that's why, I do all work myself,

sportsilva

Mar 2, 2016
Oxford
i think he was making a joke.

thanks bud :p

Its a joke...
i do things in my car aswell but gear boxes....nahhh not my game.300 pounds to fix mine and put in place ( cos i have better things to do apart from fixing my car)
300 sounds fair? and btw aim from Oxfordshire and this happened just leaving the car workshop (lift of ramps) in milton kynes.

Last edited:

sportsilva

Mar 2, 2016
Oxford
well...gearbox sorted...
now the "decat mod"...well i dont feel more power...what i feel is the turbo more avaiable. and takes longer to the engine to heat up.

Moral of the story...if i was looking for power i wouldnt boder my wallet with the decat mod but my exhaust was falling aparts.

Best wishes

SIlva.