Delivery Times???

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
afternoon all.

i placed my order yesterday and as i mentioned in another thread somewhere, i was again quoted a delivery time of 16 weeks.

now i know the dealership are more than likely looking at worse case senario, and are probably trying to get a few brownie points by it arriving before then, but i think thats an awful long time.

how long have you other owners that placed a factory order actually had to wait for delivery (other than those keen folk that ordered before the car you wanted was actually available)?

please tell me you didnt have to wait the full quoted term!

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
I've been quoted 10 weeks for a factory order, but I guess it depends on when you place the order and whether that coincides with an available build week slot at the factory?

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
16 weeks would be a horrible amount of time to wait on a new car.. Id hate to be looking at wating that long.. the 3weeks I had to wait on my fr was long enough..

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
I ordered mine 18-10-06.... last week, I rang the dealer who called me back to say that "It's on the ship, somewhere in the med..", so still no firm date.....

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
I have been told by a few dealers that the longest you should wait for an order is 12 weeks max (barring any acts of god, etc), so I think your dealer was being really conservative about the 16 weeks.

I was told for mine that it would be about 9 weeks. It is 6 weeks today, supposed to have been built this week, then usually about 3-4 weeks from being built to being delivered to the dealer.

Yorkshire Yello

Ordered mine 5 Jan, and was told it was a 'Week 13 build', collecting it later today...!

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
thanks for all the replies folks.

it looks like the average is between the 8-12 week mark. guess i can live with that but i bet it drags.

roll on the summer!

thanks again.

matthewbentham

Cupra averaged 41mpg once
Cupra delivery times

i ordered a Mk4 Ibiza Cupra in April '05. Delivered on 21st July '05

I've just ordered a Mk2 Leon Cupra last week. I've been given a delivery date of September '07

However, I havnt ordered through a dealer. I've got a PCP scheme with my bank (LloydsTSB) so they do all the phoning around and finance etc. for me! If you bank with them, you should try CarSelect. Good prices and fantastic customer service. They phone me up every 4-5 weeks to give me an update on my car.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
My FR TFSI was built on 26 April and I was led to believe was about a 4 week wait until I got the car after that but my car is STILL sitting at the dock in Spain which means its probably going to be one of the first to be loaded and the last to be offloaded, typical isnt it???:censored:

I am now looking at about an extra 2 week or so wait which will make it about 11 - 12 weeks in total.

At least I have the car reg number so can start to get my insurance quotes in, any ideas on a cheap insurance company??

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
At least I have the car reg number so can start to get my insurance quotes in, any ideas on a cheap insurance company??

Are you doing the 7 day seat insurance thing? I'm about to phone up now. Hopefully won't take 5 years.

I'm just going to change my car on my current policy to the Leon, it adds an extra £160 ish until september... it's not the cheapest quote overall if I took out a brand new policy with someone else, but this way I won't lose 8 months of no claims and I'll get the full 4 years once this year's over.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
hey jono,

i do hear from some bloke on this site that is just as much of a hassle to get the 7 day insurance sorted as the regular type, they ask you all the SAME question

not sure i will do about the insurance yet as my current policy expires on 28 may (their service sucked) and i am getting my new car about then as well.

i have been given a really good quote by swiftcover so might start that from the 29th and change the fr onto the policy, assuming i get it after that date.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
My FR TFSI was built on 26 April and I was led to believe was about a 4 week wait until I got the car after that but my car is STILL sitting at the dock in Spain which means its probably going to be one of the first to be loaded and the last to be offloaded, typical isnt it???:censored:

I am now looking at about an extra 2 week or so wait which will make it about 11 - 12 weeks in total.

Mine is apparently still just sat there waiting to be shipped, obviously they will be coming together (hopefully)

How come you got a reg??? isn't the chassis number needed or anything like that?

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.