deposit on cupra anyone???????

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
chris_m said:
Seriously???!? First i've heard of that.....
like i say not particulaly paying attention to that,
do we know if the car they release at the motor show will be the finished production car

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its not being billed as a Prototype or anything to my knowledge, it wil be a left hooker though no doubt. And specifications on the European cars can sometimes differ from the final UK specs.

But as far were aware this is a final production ready car, to arrive in RHD form, in the UK by the end of the year, if not just after Christmas at the latest.

chris_m

Aug 30, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Scone said:
Went for a test drive in the R32 at LC Charles at the weekend and i wust say i was left a really underwhelmed and it didnt feel £8000 more car than my GTi. Believe it or not £27999 is cheap for the spec of the car as it was over £30k new. Cant wait to see the new Cupra so i can get back into a SEAT and not have deal anymore with the VW clowns.

Don't like the new R32, neither did my mate, who had the 'old' one, but decided on the new GTI instead. The old one looked, and drove like a hooligan, fabulous car with enormous grip.

As for choosing a Scooby over it - you'd have to be a lunatic. Yes, faster, no doubt, but looks the pits and will lose more money in a couple of years than a Cupra will probably cost! I seriously cannot understand how people buy them brand new, the depreciation on the things is horrendous.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Kevo said:
like i say not particulaly paying attention to that,
do we know if the car they release at the motor show will be the finished production car

From http://www.seatcupra.net/seat_news/seat_uk_news/seat_keep_the_new_leon_cupra_underwraps.html

"SEAT is keeping the new Leon Cupra under wraps until Tuesday 18th July at 10.35am, when it will be unveiled to the world’s media on Stand S12, Hall S9, at London’s ExCeL. The new Cupra will be the hottest production SEAT to date, with a power output from its 2.0-litre T FSI petrol engine exceeding even that of its legendary predecessor, the Leon Cupra R, which boasted 225 PS. Full details will be revealed at the Show"

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
took some pictures of the R32 today, those seats sure are mighty fine

05-07-06_0831.jpg

05-07-06_0830.jpg

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Nice car, but you have to ask youself £27 grand for a Golf? When the base model starts at £11,995

...you can't tell me you're getting 250% more metal for that £250% price hike.

Do what I did, buy a second hand Lotus Elise (for track work) and a new Leon, and still have change from an R32 :)

barnabus

Kevo said:
as the title...... has anyone done this, spoke to dealers yesterday (premier stoke) and they said they will prob get 4 in and have £250 deposits on 2 , now i am tempted to put deposit down as he said it is totally refundable upon a test drive and the price will be £19495 240 horses 4wd available december delivery,
Yes i know have read all the threads and we know it prob won't be 4wd but as a refundabe deposit nothing to lose andeverything to gain.
on the other hand the new ctr looks to be very tempting and i don't know as yet which way to sway...

no chance of 4wd, he is just trying to get his hands on your money for the best part of 12 months - and you dont get it back if they go bust in the meantime!!

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
barnabus said:
no chance of 4wd, he is just trying to get his hands on your money for the best part of 12 months - and you dont get it back if they go bust in the meantime!!
you may not be able to get deposit back but seat will transfer it to another dealer.
As i said i don't believe everything i am told by dealers i have brought enough cars to know the crack.:p :p

barnabus

Kevo said:
learn something new every day
to be honest it wouldn't surprise me

learn what? that you dont get something for nothing, at least not without a risk!! then theres the interest you could be earning on £250 in a year!

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
barnabus said:
learn what? that you dont get something for nothing, at least not without a risk!! then theres the interest you could be earning on £250 in a year!
woohoo all of about £12.50
still better in my bank than theirs i suppose

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Discussed putting a deposit down today with the dealer after the details were released this morning. But realised there was no point yet as the ordering books aren't open and it would do nothing to get me in any sort of queue.

The time will come though. :drool:

Scott

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Same here Scott, i discussed putting a deposit down myself today with Nigel at TedJs, but its better waiting until the full details are released, for options, colours etc.

But i'll be placing my order as soon as possible :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Icecavern said:
Your powers are weak :lol:

Not at all, my powers are ultimate, especially here. I AM GOD!! (in a really over-theatrical booming voice) :p

3 years old and the R is going, simple as that. The R is special, simply because by the time i replace it, it will be the longest period ive owned one car for. Its time to move on.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members