Devonmikeyboys latest dyno run. 263bhp and 440lb at the wheels !

timbotdi

Oct 18, 2006
Then you want to wait for 'Shadowmaker' who will tell you all the Garrett part numbers you could want! ;o)

T

shadowmaker

2.5TDI 228kW 587Nm@1,3bar
Feb 28, 2007
Just use GT2256v from VW LT and you can get something like 250-260hp. With bigger turbos like GT2559v and GT2359v there might be some surge issues down low.

We are installing GT2260v from Audi 3.0TDI to my friends -98 Golf 1.9TDI, but we are not ready to actually drive it yet. It's running, but that's all. I'm expecting bad surge and maybe poor low end power, but hopefully I'm wrong...

jlovrek

Dec 16, 2006
Croatia
so, you suggest me to use GT2256v on my 2.0 tdi 140hp? and i can get 250hp? and there wouldn't be turbo-hole below 3k rpm? any other modifications, like manifold, exhaust or injectors? now i have stock turbo and i have 195hp and 420nm only with remap and k&n panel filter

Last edited:

trqster

Apr 10, 2006
Lisbon - Portugal
so, you suggest me to use GT2256v on my 2.0 tdi 140hp? and i can get 250hp? and there wouldn't be turbo-hole below 3k rpm? any other modifications, like manifold, exhaust or injectors? now i have stock turbo and i have 195hp and 420nm only with remap and k&n panel filter

Besides a suitable turbo you'll need probably some modified cam and a free-flow exhaust.
BTW, the K&N panel filter (or modified intakes) will give no gains on these engines.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Engine mods so far : VT5 turbo,remap,head ported,CDA airfilter,custom down pipe with decat, Milltek exhaust,EGR removed,propane injection,NOS,enlarged FMIC pipework. I think thats about it so far.
Cams ; I and another much more exsperianced diesel tuner who is tuning a PD140 engine both came to the some conclusion that the PD140 cam cannot be reprofiled because of the angles of the cam. The only way to improve the stock cam would be to get a some blanks grinded and try out some ideas which would be a lot of money invested for probably very little gain.

shadowmaker

Feb 28, 2007

Well, turbo at least is capable for it. We used GT2252v from VW T5 (174hp) on my friend's 1.9TDI Golf and here's a dyno chart from it:

2vcaj3l.jpg

It had some surge issues down low and EMP started to rise alarmingly above 4000rpm, so we decided not remap it any further as it was getting dangerous with this first run already. This was with no smoke whatsoever and with pump diesel only. You have to remember this engine is far from original, but with 16v head I'd bet you can have it quite similar + avoid surge much better. Another friend of mine does 160kmh trap speeds with his 1.9TDI Golf IV, and he is using GT2256v, so I'd say he has something like 240-260hp on it.

Last edited:

shadowmaker

Feb 28, 2007
Just 12mm pump head (no additional fuel pump) and 520race nozzles.

Now we are putting a 14mm pump with that extra fuel pump. Remap is scheduled 28.8. I really hope it stays in one piece...

johnyardley

Hi,
Sorry it registered in my outbox so I will try again.

John

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
What conversion figure did you use to convert the wheel hp to flywheel?

I had a 4mo passat and they used 18% adjustment to get flywheel hp, to me this seemed mightly low for a 4wd auto

jlovrek

Dec 16, 2006
Croatia
is there any news? i'm thinking to install gt2052v... what you think about that and how much power should i expect?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
is there any news? i'm thinking to install gt2052v... what you think about that and how much power should i expect?

My car is off to Allards at the end of the month for the bigger turbo modification plus a few other things like an oil cooler,another gauge,stronger clutch and SMF,sump guard,front wheel arches getting cut and enlarged,bigger 8 pot 365mm brakes,custom braided brake hoses,H+R front and rear ARB`s,changing the NOS so that i have four nozzles drilled into the inlet manifold spraying straight at the inlet valves plus a few more tweaks :whistle:

@jlovrek Best PM trqster about the turbo and what peak power it can make as he knows a lot more about turbos then me.

FabiaTDi

VT5 :D
Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
My car is off to Allards at the end of the month for the bigger turbo modification plus a few other things like an oil cooler,another gauge,stronger clutch and SMF,sump guard,front wheel arches getting cut and enlarged,bigger 8 pot 365mm brakes,custom braided brake hoses,H+R front and rear ARB`s,changing the NOS so that i have four nozzles drilled into the inlet manifold spraying straight at the inlet valves plus a few more tweaks :whistle:

@jlovrek Best PM trqster about the turbo and what peak power it can make as he knows a lot more about turbos then me.

IIRC those brakes were MASSIVE!
Are you going for uprated injectors Mike?