did you buy the 1st leon you went to see?

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
did you buy the 1st leon you went to see? or did you have a good luck round and test drive a few.also what car did you have befour that:)

stevei'D

Jul 22, 2008
Yep same here bought the first I saw. Wasn't looking for one but my brother (a valeter) said a mint example had come into the garage he has a contract with.
Was board of my old focus so went and test drove it and the rest is history. Both my fiesta and focus were also the first examples I looked at and touch wood I've never had any problems with doing it this way yet.

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
I looked at 3, only test drove the third which I subsequently bought, came from a MkII Golf 16v.

Edit: 1st one I saw had a tow bar fitted which the dealer assured me was only used for towing a jet ski...never heard that one before!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Wolvotim

Oct 3, 2009
Shifnal, Shropshire
nope.... the second lol;)

I was looking on the autotrader daily for about 3 months though, I had a strict budget and criteria I wanted it to meet so I discounted loads just off the adds

PJ BUSA

Was able to test drive a FR150 at first to feel what car was like, that one was not colour I wanted,had a look at a new one in Lowerstoft, but got messed about, travel 350 miles to Cardiff to look at various 10 month old ones, settled on a lunar grey FR, traded in Lexus IS200 W reg.

garry01

May 12, 2009
kent
first one too! spent two days looking for a vw bora then looked at a leon as was local, no regrets.
had mercedes e320 before.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I looked at a few.....theres some right crap out there.

Dissapointed a couple of sellers by pointing out prevous accident damage on there 'immaculate' cars

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Yup. Picked mine up from nottingham (approx 80 miles away) I was originally going to see it and en route, I saw one same plate (02) same colour (Imperial Blue) same mileage (65k) same spec (full black leathers etc) at a VW dealers in leek and they wanted silly money (£5k)

continued driving on to the one I was originally on my way to see and picked it up for £2750 with cambelt and waterpump having been recently replaced :)

Condition was pretty much mint, rear seats looked like they'd never been sat in, drives great and paint was great for it age, just has a few stone chips on the bonnet. Happy days :)

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Yep, twice.

First time, in 2005, I talked the Mrs in to test driving a Leon, with the hope that she'd buy an LCR. She actually bought the demo 1.4 after the test drive as she didn't want a higher capacity and they told us there would be no more new 1.4s at that dealer because the Mk2 was due out any day.

Second time, in 2009, I'd just sold my motorbike and was on a downer. The Mrs scoured the web for an LCR, knowing that I'd really wanted one since 2005, and found a nice example (for the money) down the road in Castle Donnington. To cheer me up she took me straight there after I got home from dropping the bike off. I don't know if I was just feeling desperate or what, but I snapped it up without a test drive or anything and I love it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.