Diesel owner? Please read.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
What diesel do you run your car on? A warning light has come on, on my other halfs car (Not a Seat unfortunately) to let her know the dpf is filling up and needs a clear out. Luckily shes doing 100+ miles on Sunday then again on Tuesday. So those of you that use the best of the best to get the most performance out of your cars. What do you use?

Cheers Rich

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Cheapest as its all the same and use an additive, as the premium fuels are the same you just pay more with the additive mixed in shell is the best though, its cheaper in long run just to buy the additive as long as it has PEA in it as its the best injector to date. posted a good additive a while back but it must of gone whooosh lol

Reactions: Rich.T

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
A38, Haldon Hill, 800 foot climb at 80mph.
Soot begone.

Last edited:

andycupra

status subject to change
what's the typical journey that the car does? time taken / distance and speed. regen needs car to be fully up to temperature and ideally then run as revs above 2k so if its used for say drives of 6 miles then its never going to have a proper regen.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I've only used a premium fuel a few times - never for long enough to notice a difference. For the past few years I've just added some Miller's Ecomax when I remember to. I don't know if it really does anything, but so far it doesn't seem to have done any harm and it costs less per dose than the cost of the premium fuel.

I think it takes a lot to properly block a DPF. Even with fuel prices being what they are, you can give it a bit of a hoon every once in a while.

Drove the car the other day after lending it to the missus. Sometimes you can tell when someone hasn't taken the car over 2k revs.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members