Diesel Tapety Sound On Lcr When Cold Normal?

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
I'v read up alot on the cars and i understand that that a certain pump makes alot of noise when the car is cold. Is it a slightly Diesel Tappety sound? I'v done a search but did not really find any answers to the type of noise it makes.

Cheers

Ken

Foxy

200bhp **** member no. 1
Oct 25, 2003
Daventry
www.pug306.net
Mine does this for 2-3 seconds when its been real cold. I would think its the oil pump strugging for a few seconds when the oil is at its thickest

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Not exactly a sexy sounding engine is it? You get that sort of diesel chunter when it turns over - I'm sure there is something VAG could have done to make it sound a little more fitting!

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
I'm not picking it till thursday but noticed when the salesman started it up, it sounded a little diesely tappety. Think it had been stood a while as battery was flat and disks where rubbing for about a mile or so. I just presumed it was the secondry pump?

Cheers

Ken

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
Not exactly a sexy sounding engine is it? You get that sort of diesel chunter when it turns over - I'm sure there is something VAG could have done to make it sound a little more fitting!

Ahh thats good to know :) I'm a half empty cup kinda guy and have not had to much luck with cars, so worry about any little noise. But then again most of the cars i'v owned have been Rovers :whistle:

Does the sound decrease alot after its warmed up?

Cheers for the fast replys :)

Ken

Last edited: