Dirty seat sport calipers

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
as the seat sport brakes are powder coated when they get hot the paint gets soft and brake dust and dirt gets stuck to the powder coating and when the brakes cool down the dirt is permently there!

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
im having the exact same problem at the moment, mine have really faded and are almost pink, around the seat sport writing they have went black. its quite annoying as the cars only 18months old and gets cleaned regularly.

will it be possible to get them back to the original red or should i just start saving for new ones?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
if yours is standard which it look asif it is via the strut brace you will easily get the seat sport calipers replaced its wheel acid and wethering and wintery salty roads that turn them pink further up the page cuprakel post number 11 the picture is of my calipers theyt where pink but after taking the wheels off and polishing and cleaning them up

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
im having the exact same problem at the moment, mine have really faded and are almost pink, around the seat sport writing they have went black. its quite annoying as the cars only 18months old and gets cleaned regularly.

will it be possible to get them back to the original red or should i just start saving for new ones?

Check out your Paint warranty in the hand book ;)

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
i took my wheels off the other day air blew out all of the dust laying about and used brake componet cleaner to clean everything up front and back then cleaned the coilovers the suspension and compounded (t-cut) the calipers then a thin coat of wax and they went froma palepink to a spanking new red :D

Image018.jpg

lovely jubbly!

THEY LOOK GREAT.

t18con.

i give mine a quick spray with 1001 upholstery cleaner prior to washing the car each time, just softens the dirt a bit and a hose takes a lot of the crap off then, just need them in good nick to start with

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.